News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Bethpage -Weekday vs. Weekend
« on: June 26, 2005, 01:49:05 PM »
I assume this is a no brainer, but is it easier to walk on as a single at Bethpage during the week than over a weekend?  I assume there is more no shows during the week, but alas I have never been out there.  Am I safe to assume that I will have a decent shot of walking on B. Black if I show up at 6 in the morning versus sleeping in my car?

Last question, for anyone that has been out to Friars Head are you allowed to use cash or credit card in the proshop or is it strictly members charge?  Thanks in advance.

Matt_Ward

Re:Bethpage -Weekday vs. Weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 02:51:47 PM »
Steve:

As a single you should be OK in either situation -- I would make it a point to contact the club to ascertain if the date you are thinking about playing the Black will be open. You'd be surprised to know how many people don't call in advance and then get peeved at being closed out.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 02:57:41 PM »
Doug Braunsdorf and I were there two weeks ago. We played the Red early and when we were finished there was still a 3some available on the Black around 4PM. This was during the week.

I would call first though, my first time there I was shut out since there was an outing on the Black.

If you stay the night, get there late afternoon the day before and do some tailgating and try to get a full night's sleep.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 07:44:37 PM »
Friar's Head golf shop does take credit cards.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:04:06 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback.  I will definately call ahead once my schedule gets locked in.  Thanks.

EAF

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 08:40:19 AM »
Steve,

Based on years of "walking up" or "waking up" at Bethpage, I think you have gotten some good and bad information (sorry Matt). DO NOT count on getting a tee time for any day at BB by walking up at 6am! You might get a late afternoon (after 3pm) tee time or you can get shut out until 4pm.

DO NOT count on reservation no shows! No shows are rare.  You could end up standing around the clubhouse for hours without getting a tee time.

Kyle's advice is on the money. The only way to be sure to get a tee time is to get in the car line the afternoon before the day you want to play.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »
Years ago, I tried for several months calling the reservation line every day hoping to get a cancellation.
NY residents get 7 day advance bookings.
I did get one, and it took a lot of tries.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back