News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

CHrisB

Pictures of Wild Horse and Sand Hills
« on: July 29, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
The pictures of Wild Horse were taken July 23, when the temperature topped 100 and the winds blew 25-30 mph. The turf conditions were ideal and the course really came alive in the wind.

The opening tee shot:

Tee shot at the par-5 3rd. About 100 yards of fairway out there beyond the left bunkers!

The 2nd shot to the 3rd:

The fairway at the long par-4 8th:

185/155 yard par-3 9th:

126-yard par-3 11th:

208-yard par-3 13th:

Tee shot at the long par-4 16th:

The par-4 18th:

Approach to the 18th:

Driving away at the end of the day:

There have been many pictures of Sand Hills posted here before but I thought I'd include a few more. These pictures were taken Monday and Tuesday, July 25-26. The heat wave had been broken, and in fact the temperature Tuesday morning bottomed out at 52 degrees! The wind was blowing in from the northeast (I think), such that #1 was into the wind.

The opening tee shot:

The approach to the 4th:

The tee shot at the 5th over the 4th green (notice the walking trail over the dune):

Looking back from behind the 8th:

From Ben's Porch across the 9th green with the 1st in the background:

The long 10th with the 11th in the background:

Looking from the 10th fairway across to the 16th:

The 216-yard 13th:

The amazing tee shot at the 612-yard 16th:

The 18th:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:28:53 AM by Chris Brauner »

Tony_Chapman

Re:Pictures of Wild Horse and Sand Hills
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:35:30 PM »
Chris or someone - I haven't been to Sand Hills since 1996. Is this tee on #5 where you hit it over the 4th green new? I certainly don't remember this shot from 10 years ago. Thanks!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 10:43:48 AM »
No, he just must have wandered up there for a peek from a different angle.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Brian Phillips

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 11:20:35 AM »
Tony,

I don't know if it is new but it was there when I played there in 2002.

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

CHrisB

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »
RJ,
No, that was definitely the back tee--a picture from the same spot appears in Ran's Sand Hills profile. Not sure when the tee was introduced, though.

Josh_Mahar

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 11:31:37 AM »
That tee was added about a year after the course opened--not one of the original tees but has been there awhile.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 11:55:34 AM »
Gee, I guess if I get there again sometime, I'll have to look left of 4 green instead of automatically going right. ::) ;D  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back