News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

guesst

Re:Passion or Obsession...
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2003, 04:00:48 AM »
So, Darren, how does it feel to be an enabler?  ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 04:01:14 AM by guesst »

PThomas

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 10:15:48 PM »
looking at old threads I stumbled across this one...

we got a new lab puppy lab last year...if it was up to me I would have named her Bandon

alas, my wife and daughters refused to go along...she got named Junie after the Junie B Jones books for kids... :(
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 11:18:45 PM »
"Does staying up after midnight, to watch Dave Ragan/Paul Harney play Arnold Palmer/Gary Player in a Challenge Match on the Golf Channel constitute an obsession?"

BobH;

Dave Ragan!?

Man, that takes me back. When I was a kid I lived next door to the Ragans in Daytona Beach Florida. Dr Ragan, Dave Ragan's dad, was a local dentist in Daytona Beach. My Dad was pretty much the best golfer in the city until finally getting replaced by about 15 year old Dave Ragan. Eventually Dad, Dr Ragan and the local Pontiac dealer (Ray Stephens) put Dave Ragan out on the tour. In my opinion, Hal Sutton was practically a clone of Dave Ragan. Ragan was really strong and long---some ball striker but he was always a pretty lousy putter. He married Joannie Dann, the daughter of Karl Dann of Dubsdread. Whenever Joannie joined Dave Ragan out on tour things would never go very well. She was some blond bombshell, I'll tell you!   ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 11:25:14 PM by TEPaul »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »
Tom Paul,

Do you know everybody?  ;)

Oh, by the way, yes, we are all obsessed.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 08:33:14 AM by Mike_Cirba »

Ken_Cotner

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 09:00:27 AM »
looking at old threads I stumbled across this one...

we got a new lab puppy lab last year...if it was up to me I would have named her Bandon

alas, my wife and daughters refused to go along...she got named Junie after the Junie B Jones books for kids... :(

Paul,

Yeah, but...

Those books are REALLY funny.  I mean, daughter-mad-because-I-stopped-reading-because-I'm-laughingsohard funny.

Ken

PThomas

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 09:48:43 AM »
Ken..I will admit the books are good...they really crack kids up.....

still, I sometimes imagine saying things like, "Bandon, come hear girl" or "Bandon, you damn dog, stop chewing on my shoe..."
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

John Foley

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 10:00:51 AM »
Not to hijack this thread but,

I'm w/ Paul & Ken. As a father of two daughters, the Junie B series are our favorites!!!
Integrity in the moment of choice

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 10:45:35 AM »
I find Junie B. Jones books kinda hard to read to my daughter because of the constant bad English/grammar she uses (I know, she's very young, but you have to stop every other sentence to tell or quiz on what the wrong usage is).  When your child is in the learning/sponge stage at this age, anything they hear/read is absorbed.

Like the other night at the dinner table when my wife said that someone had a brain fart.  My oldest quickly asked, "Brain fart?  What's a brain fart?"  We had a good laugh over that one and more laughs trying to explain what it was and what "just an expression" is.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2005, 10:48:01 AM »
How does the saying go?

Golf is not a matter of life and death...it is much more important!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back