News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Jonathan Cummings

Re:North Carolina Course Rankings - 2005
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 06:06:45 AM »
I played Kilmarlic this weekend.  The pictures listed above are more impressive than the actual course.  Poor variation on the par 3s and par 5s and a tiring forced water carry after forced water carry theme.

JC

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 11:13:05 AM »
It has been a while since I was there, but as I said I remember many of the Par 4's & 5's feeling kind of redundant off the tee.  They all had forced carries in front of the tees.  The memorability factor was not very high.

How are the conditions now.  Did the back 9 firm up, or was it still kind of mushy back there like it was when I saw it.  When I was there it was pretty reasonable, as they were still operating out of the trailer, and they didnt know what kind of dollar they were going to command yet.  I would be interested to hear, what are they charging for greens fees now?
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Matt_Ward

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2005, 12:09:30 PM »
I had the pleasure -- shall I use that word -- in playing Kilmaric in 2004 and frankly the course is a snooze. There are some unique individual holes -- I liked the closing holes on meach side but the sheer banality of the land is what caused me to reach for some no-doze tablets.

I don't deny it's good for the locals but anyone beyond 100 miles who goes to play there is frankly barking up the wrong tree for top quality golf offerings IMHO.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back