News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Getting ready for the Nissan and other random pics
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 11:16:55 PM »
Riviera belongs in a very small club of the best courses on earth. Unfortunately, the grass keeps a fair number of holes from playing like they look. That is what moves it behind LA North in the LA metro area for me. I would feel blessed to play there  any day. Nice pics again Jeff.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2005, 11:22:10 PM »
Having just played Riviera and LACC, all I can say is WOW!

Riviera is in the best shape and condition I've ever seen or played. The greens are pure and running around a 10 with plenty of room left to cut and roll them up to a 12 or so. The fairways are lush, yet tight and the rough kikuyu is uniform and healthy. I can't begin to describe just how beautiful the plavve looks given all the rain the LA area had just two weeks past.

LACC is also in tip-top shape. Their superb super, Bruce Williams has left the relatively ideal maintnence meld intact with slighly browning but well-mown and attended fairways and lightening fast yet steady greens.

What a treat to play these gems in this condition. My hats off and bows made to these greenskeepers and their crews. Knowing how severe the recent torrential downpours were and just how much damage they can have on the turf, it is pure wonderment and awe to ask how it's possible to get these courses back to their top form so quickly.

PS...I'm still shaking from two (yes 2) near aces. I rimmed out on Riv's 14 and stopped 2 inches short on LACC #11. Couple that with making a 100 foooter for a 3 on LACC 17 to make my best round there, I'm ready to retire... cause it ain't going to be easy to get better than that! 8)

Riviera belongs in a very small club of the best courses on earth. Unfortunately, the grass keeps a fair number of holes from playing like they look. That is what moves it behind LA North in the LA metro area for me. I would feel blessed to play there  any day.   By Tiger Bernhardt.

On the odd days of the month, I'd have to agree with you and on the even days, I'd flip-flop all the way to Capri Dr. ;D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 11:53:19 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Lou_Duran

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 11:33:30 PM »
Steve Lapper,

You are one lucky guy.

Tiger,

What do you know.  We agree on something!   We didn't have it too bad last year either, did we?   Another thing that was very impressive about both clubs is the tranquility of the setting right in the middle of one of the most populated areas in the country.  What a great retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2005, 11:54:56 PM »
omg yes Lou, The members are so very lucky indeed to find that level or tranquility, ie walk in the park, in the middle of one of the largest cities in America. Bel Air is none to shabby on that level as well. We did live so very good that week.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back