News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

EAF

New PB Dye course in Brooksville, FL
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:10:14 AM »
Has anyone heard about plans for a new course called Southern Hills Plantation in Brooksville, FL? There was a brief mention of it in a  www.floridagolf.com article about the best courses in Florida.

What kind of development/course will it be and when will it open?  Could be an interesting new addition to central Fl golf options.

Eric

Bill Weber

Re:New PB Dye course in Brooksville, FL
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 09:40:06 AM »
A number of the members here were invited for a brainstorming session there recently (I wasn't one of them). The word I received was that they are still trying to figure out what they want to be, what amenities they want to offer and to what type players.
I understand the land has some good elevation changes and will be off SR 41 south of Brooksville near the newly opened Hernando Oaks.
I could be wrong on this but I understood it was to be Pete not PB.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 09:42:04 AM by w weber »

james soper

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 09:59:15 AM »
Check out the most recent links mag(myopia cover) for an ad on southern hills plantation. elevation changes are probably similar to world woods and black diamond.

John_Cullum

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 10:43:28 AM »
The website is www.sohilly.com. I recall it is being billed as a "Pete Dye Signature Course", whatever that means. The developer is the same group that does the Hampton Courses around Jacksonville. There is an abundance of good land in the area, so it has potential.

Speaking of Hernando Oaks, I checked it out about a month ago. Just a drive by, and I did go out and walk around on a few tees and greens. I was not impressed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 10:45:07 AM by Sarge »
"We finally beat Medicare. "

EAF

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 02:26:23 PM »
Thanks for the link Sarge and info from everyone. I wonder if it will be an equity ownership members club, or semi-private type course? I like Pete Dye's courses and hope the project gets approved and built soon.

Eric

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back