News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Andrew

Help: Need sample of Travis hand writing
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »
This one is fairly simple. If anyone has an example of Walter Travis's printing I could use it to check a drawing I reviewed last week. The plan is an original rag survey for a property prior to his redesign. It has three holes rough sketched with bunkers and mounds. There is a small notation printed on the plan. What I would like to do is compare that with existing known examples of his printing.

To answer a few possible questions, the locations are accurate and the the drawing has similar style to his plans but is much rougher. What I'm hoping to find out is this is an early rough draft of his ideas. The course is Onongaga Golf & Country Club in New York.

thanks in advance,

Ian
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 08:38:35 AM by Ian Andrew »

Brad Klein

Re:Help: Need sample of Travis hand writing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:45:44 AM »
Bob Labbance, Travis biographer, surely will have something of use for you, Ian.

blabbance@aol.com

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 02:05:18 PM »
Thanks Brad,

I've contacted him and Ed Homsey (Travis Society) for help. I should have thought of Bob right away.

For anyone reading this who hasn't read the Old Man, the book is outstanding.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »
I have talked to Bruce Hepner, Bob Labance and Ed Homsey but all of us are limited in what we have.

If anyone would like the images to check against something they have or has a contact for me, my email is in my profile.

Ian

wsmorrison

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:40:28 PM »
Don't forget to talk to Tom Paul once he gets back from car shopping.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »
Thanks Wayne, so much has happened today that I forgot to send him a note with the images. I've forwarded them onto you to have a look.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back