News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

LPGA at Shadow Creek this weekend
« on: May 25, 2021, 10:14:07 PM »
Surprised no one else mentioned it before.

Match Play to boot!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

Re: LPGA at Shadow Creek this weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 12:23:33 AM »
Danielle Kang is the only player undefeated in group stage. It is her home course. Says it is a hard course to figure out how to play best. That seems to belie the mantra here that all Fazio courses are repetitious.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mark Kiely

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 01:23:31 AM »
She also said in her post-round interview they should play a major there. Definitely seems like major conditions -- greens are extremely firm and running very fast.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 11:53:48 PM »
The first day 15 was over the top. Water in front but greens firm enough that players had no chance to stop the ball unless they hit flagstick and then no chance to stop chip shot so it became a 6 foot putting contest.
Is 18 extremely down hill? The distances were not computing.

William_G

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 08:20:56 AM »
The first day 15 was over the top. Water in front but greens firm enough that players had no chance to stop the ball unless they hit flagstick and then no chance to stop chip shot so it became a 6 foot putting contest.

not enogh spin on the ball to stop it
It's all about the golf!

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 10:10:55 AM »
The Danielle Kang/Ally Ewing match was very well payed and exciting... decided on the 18th hole. I won't post a spoiler.

The more I watch Shanshan Feng, the more I like her. Both of her matches on Saturday went to extra holes. Loved her reaction to dropping her bomb of a putt on her last hole of her long day

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 01:25:26 PM »

I think there’s a big ridge in the fairway that their drives roll over right as they’re about to stop so they go 50 yards farther than you would think.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back