News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re: Golf Pre and Post Buda 2019
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
I start that Wednesday at Gullane #2 at 8am. Two can join if interested.
AKA Mayday

mike_malone

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2019, 02:13:43 PM »
In for Alnmouth Monday after Buda and the Sunday post Buda game.
AKA Mayday

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 07:13:27 AM »
Bumping this and have updated second post where you can see whats available.

Let's make GCA grate again!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 08:42:33 AM »
Tony,Thanks for the update. Can you confirm how many guest spots remain in the afternoon at North Berwick? Topp, Gayne, Malone & I are booked for 36 that day (10:27 & 15:15), but if enough room for all of us we could split up for the afternoon and join other groups. It looks like not enough spots, but just double checking.
Mark,Any progress on plans for Wednesday?

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 04:13:20 PM »
Two spots remain .  One with the early group and one with mine.

David McIntosh

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
Tony,

I may have picked up the second post wrong but I read that there were still four spots in the afternoon remaining as JM is no longer attending and BM is lined up to play with Michael in the morning.

That means we’ve got MP, CG, GP, BI and James Boon in the afternoon slots so still have four of our nine spaces left, unless there were others you had down for those spots.

Michael Graham

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 03:16:09 AM »
I can’t book it until the Thursday before but I think I’m going to aim for an afternoon slot instead of my earlier proposed Am time. There is currently a space right after David and Sean. If it’s still available on the 29th I’ll book that.

Sean_A

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2019, 04:18:12 AM »
Mark

Is Brancepeth organized or in embryo?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Steve Wilson

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2019, 09:43:13 AM »
What's available at North Berwick on the 5th?  I'm interested.

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »
Mark

Is Brancepeth organized or in embryo?

Ciao
In embryo.  I'm intending to book three slots at Brancepeth on the Wednesday afternoon.  Will confirm on Monday
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »

Steve. If you can confirm, you have a PM slot

I do need to get to a computer and update the thread but you’ll be most wellcome.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
Tony,
I will be there PM on the 5th, but I won't guarantee that I'll have bells on.  My choice of costume may be traditional...

Or do you folks on that side of the pond do "with bells on"?  Ah, yes, the continuing saga of two peoples separated by a common language.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bob Montle

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 08:34:21 AM »

Steve. If you can confirm, you have a PM slot

I do need to get to a computer and update the thread but you’ll be most wellcome.

Tony, I hope you still have me for the 3:42pm slot.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Sean_A

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »
David and I have 2:30 & 2:39. I don't exactly know who the six guests are, but at least three are Mark Pearce, Giles and Conrad. So far as I can tell two other slots are taken by BI (Bryan I? ) and maybe S Walsh? This leaves one open spot? I don't think it matters much who plays which time, but we do need to know who the six guys are.

Sean, I am happy to give you a lift to North Berwick if you are near Bamburgh on Thursday. I won't be playing an AM game.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:02:23 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Dave Herrick

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2019, 10:16:21 AM »
If there is a spot not already taken I’d like to join the NB outing.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »
David and I have 2:30 & 2:39. I don't exactly know who the six guests are, but at least three are Mark Pearce, Giles and Conrad. So far as I can tell two other slots are taken by BI (Bryan I? ) and maybe S Walsh? This leaves one open spot? I don't think it matters much who plays which time, but we do need to know who the six guys are.

Sean, I am happy to give you a lift to North Berwick if you are near Bamburgh on Thursday. I won't be playing an AM game.

Ciao
Sean, yes, I think Sean is wanting one of those slots.  I believe he is on an advance expedition and will be watching Spurs thrash Newcastle on Sunday afternoon.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2019, 05:38:24 PM »
We're also passing Bamburgh sometime on Thursday (I think we may play Alnmouth Village on the way), so also happy to give a lift to anyone there needing to get to NBWL

Jason Topp

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 12:42:08 PM »
I am now going to a soccer match in Edinburgh on Saturday the 31st at Tynecastle.  I am meeting some friends there but they arrive by train from Glasgow.  I will have a car. 

They suggested parking at the airport and taking a train.  Do the locals agree?

Niall C

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »
Jason

I'm not an Edinburgh man but from Glasgow but when I go through to the centre of Edinburgh I generally take the train because of the set up with the trams is a pain. However parking at the airport is not the place to park. Very expensive and there are much closer places to park. It will depend where you are driving from but I sometimes park at Edinburgh Park on the west side and at the end of the M8 and get the train/tram in from there. Tynecastle is on the way to the centre.

If you time it right you could get on the same train as your friends as the Glasgow trains tend to stop at Edinburgh Park. I take it your friends know the way to Tynecastle from there ?

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
Jason

I'm not an Edinburgh man but from Glasgow but when I go through to the centre of Edinburgh I generally take the train because of the set up with the trams is a pain. However parking at the airport is not the place to park. Very expensive and there are much closer places to park. It will depend where you are driving from but I sometimes park at Edinburgh Park on the west side and at the end of the M8 and get the train/tram in from there. Tynecastle is on the way to the centre.

If you time it right you could get on the same train as your friends as the Glasgow trains tend to stop at Edinburgh Park. I take it your friends know the way to Tynecastle from there ?

Niall

Niall,
There’s a free park and ride car park at the airport just off the A8.
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Michael Graham

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 02:04:37 PM »
I am now going to a soccer match in Edinburgh on Saturday the 31st at Tynecastle.  I am meeting some friends there but they arrive by train from Glasgow.  I will have a car. 

They suggested parking at the airport and taking a train.  Do the locals agree?

Jason,

I live a ten minute walk from Tynecastle, if you do decide to drive into the city you are welcome to park the car in my driveway and walk down to the stadium (best atmosphere in Scottish football but I’m biased).

Sean Walsh

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
Sean,
I have a lift with Mark as I’ll be in Newcastle on the night of the 4th.

I am interested in filling the slot you have at NB.

Thanks
Sean

Steve Wilson

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »
BTW, Tony what is the afternoon tee time?  1542?

Michael Graham

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
I posted this to the Buda thread as well.

I've booked 09:22 and 14:48 next Thursday. We have a free spot for both morning and afternoon rounds. Let me know either here or via PM and I'll add you to our booking. The afternoon now looks like:
14:30 Sean
14:39 David
14:48Michael

15:42 Tony
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:18:29 AM by Michael Graham »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »
Well done Michael.  I've updated post 2 on this thread with all the names. 

We have approx 14 players at North Berwick on Thursday PM.   Some  will be hi tailing it down towards Goswick, but I know at least have are staying over and heading down inthe morning.

I'm going to reserve a table (likely The Herringbone) for 8.15pm.  Please let me know if you want to attend.

Getting exciting now!

PS Dear Mr Wilson, of course have 'Bells and Whistles'. But of the group you are the only one to do Belt and Braces!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back