News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Bourgeois

GCA near DCA: DC meetup ALERT WE ARE AT MAGGIES 4914 CORDELL
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »
This wx sux. How bout beers or dinner, say 7 or 14 March? We can sequester wherever's convenient: downtown DC,  Penn Quarter, Arlington, Bethesda.

EDIT:

Okay, we have a quorum. Thursday, March 21st, 6:15PM-ish, Caddies on Cordell, 4922 Cordell Avenue,  Bethesda, MD - unless someone has a better idea.

Directions: http://www.caddiesoncordell.com/contact/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 06:21:11 PM by Mark Bourgeois »
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

mike_beene

Re: GCA near DCA: DC meetup time?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
I have usually left town by Thursday night but if I happen to be in when you schedule would love to come.My office is in Penn Quarter but flexible.Getting out of DCA was tough this afternoon!Almost missed golf tomorrow.

Jeb Bearer

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:30:50 PM »
I live in Bethesda. Unfortunately, being under aged tends to limit my options :-\

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »
Mike and Jeb,

Let's try to square this circle. Mike, what nights generally are you in town? Jeb, are you a boarder? What freedom of movement do you have? Can you access Grosvenor Metro?
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

mike_beene

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:18 AM »
Mark,it varies but often the midweek.I was in all last week and the will be in the Mon to Weds this week.I will do my March schedule next week so will let you know some potential dates.Last week it was still a moving target and things were changing by the hour. would love to meet you guys

Jeb Bearer

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »
Jeb, are you a boarder? What freedom of movement do you have? Can you access Grosvenor Metro?

No, not a boarder. I live with my parents here. And yes, I can get to Grosvner pretty easily. I'd love to meet you guys!

Tim Pitner

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
I'm in the area also and might be able to meet, although I'd prefer to do so on the golf course. ;)

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »
Let's wait to see Mike's schedule and we'll work around that.

Jeb, I am thinking it might be best if we hold it near Metro Center or at least near a Red Line stop downtown. Would that work okay?

Tim, we can make the first order of business planning an outing.  ;D

Jeb Bearer

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »
Mark, that would be excellent. I do have my driver's license if need be, but driving into DC...not my favorite thing. Also, about the golf outing, I second the motion  ;D

Jason Thurman

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:11 PM »
I'm not a DCA'er, and I won't be in the area in March.

I will, however, be in the area the last weekend of April, and if anybody is interested in playing on the 27th, 29th, or maybe even the 30th, I'd be happy to meet up. I figure the weather might be a little more conducive by that point anyways.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Andy Shulman

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:59:49 AM »
I'm also in the area and might be able to meet as well.  And, like Tim, doing so on the course would be ideal.

Jason - Saturday, 4/27 should work for a round.  Let's connect as your travel plans draw closer.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:08 AM »
Let's wait to see Mike's schedule and we'll work around that.

Jeb, I am thinking it might be best if we hold it near Metro Center or at least near a Red Line stop downtown. Would that work okay?

Tim, we can make the first order of business planning an outing.  ;D

Sounds good, Mark.

Rich Brittingham

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Add me to the list for DC golf outing! 
I live west of Leesburg, so meetings downtown aren't conducive to my schuedle but I'll make every effort to meet up, esepcially on the course.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
Add me to the interested list as well. Another one from Bethesda.
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

ChipOat

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
I live in the NW near the cathedral and AU; just north of Georgetown; close to Bethesda/Chevy Chase.

Red Line works and driving to McLean, Great Falls, Tyson's Corner over the Chain Bridge is also pretty easy if my wife doesn't need the car.

If I'm driving, anyone from Bethesda area can get to where I live and hitch a ride.

Chip

mike_beene

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »
Don't wait for me because my schedule keeps changing.Hopefully I will be in town ; maybe a 50-50 chance.Been there  most of last few weeks so trying to actually be home a few days but the reality is I have no control over my whereabouts and the sooner I accept that the better!

Rob Miller

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 07:35:10 AM »
After living in Asia for the better part of the last decade, I've just moved back to the DC area.  If schedules allow, please count me in. 

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Seems like somewhere near Bethesda Metro might work best.

How does 5:30PM March 7th at Caddies on Cordell sound? (www.caddiesoncordell.com)

ChipOat

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
I'm 50/50 on being able to make it on time; 70/30 that I can be there by 7:00.

Please advise if/when this fine event is confirmed.

Chip

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
Yeah, given the traffic 5:30 does seem obscenely early. Let's make it 6:15.

So: How does 6:15PM March 7th at Caddies on Cordell sound to the group? (www.caddiesoncordell.com)

Carl Nichols

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
I live in DC, but can't make it next week.  Also would be happy to host when the weather gets nicer -- if folks would be ok with a well-conditioned but over-treed Arthur Hills renovation!

Jimmy Chandler

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
I also live in the area (Arlington), and right now I work next to the Verizon Center 3-4 days per week. I can't make it on March 7th as I will be at Streamsong (yea!), spending a very large chunk of of my 2013 golf budget (boo). But I'm always up for getting together for lunch/dinner/drinks in DC or, better, on a golf course.

So, Jason/Tim/Andy, count me in for April 27 or any other time.

Jeb Bearer

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »
I live in DC, but can't make it next week.  Also would be happy to host when the weather gets nicer -- if folks would be ok with a well-conditioned but over-treed Arthur Hills renovation!

Manor?

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »

Manor?

Jeb, when I read this my thought was, "Thanks, Carl, that really narrows it down."

Carl Nichols

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »

Manor?

Jeb, when I read this my thought was, "Thanks, Carl, that really narrows it down."

That was the point!

Bethesda.....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back