News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Dunaverty!
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »
Unashamed sub-Hendrenesque thread on another of those wee gems. Nice new website for the charming beauty:

http://www.dunavertygolfclub.com/index.htm

Cargoes...EEK!!!

Holiday (sorry, VACATION!) golf for the discerning, yet impoverished gowfer.

;D
F
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mike Hendren

Re: Dunaverty!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
Marty, LOVE the squared greens!

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Eric Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
Unashamed sub-Hendrenesque thread on another of those wee gems. Nice new website for the charming beauty:

http://www.dunavertygolfclub.com/index.htm

Cargoes...EEK!!!

Holiday (sorry, VACATION!) golf for the discerning, yet impoverished gowfer.

;D
F

FBD,

Lord willing, I'll be playing here on September 1 along with Brian Sheehy.

By the looks of this picture it's easy to see why he has been so adamant about our making the drive down!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
Do I read the website correctly. If I buy a weeks pass for 85 pounds, I can play Shishkine and Machrihanish for 1/2 price that week?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:34:46 AM »
Dunaverty is a rollick and NOT to be missed if you playing anywhere down on the Mull! Wacky, beautiful, untamed, and only lacking a nice club pub(which can be found just up the road a little ways), on a nice day the views are stellar... it really is something special! Some very neat par threes and the lone par 5 is a natural stunner that really would be a world class, stout four on any top course. 

Enjoy! Cheers,

Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Phil McDade

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Dunaverty is a rollick and NOT to be missed if you playing anywhere down on the Mull! Wacky, beautiful, untamed, and only lacking a nice club pub(which can be found just up the road a little ways), on a nice day the views are stellar... it really is something special! Some very neat par threes and the lone par 5 is a natural stunner that really would be a world class, stout four on any top course. 

Enjoy! Cheers,

Kris 8)

Agree -- well worth a side-trip for those playing Machrihanish. Better views, and more quirk!

Eric Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
Here's one blogger's shot from the hazard:

...and a glimpse of Ireland from the fairway:

Breathtaking.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
Eric,

You tease! Those views, while wonderful, are but a small glimpse of how superb the course setting really is. I MUST get back to the Mull before too long!

Cheers,
Kris 8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:22:32 PM by Kris Shreiner »
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Norbert P

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »

A terrific setting for golf . . . just don't wear red . . .  you may get gored. We got there too late to play it but it allows for a nice exploratory walk to the beach.

Up the winding road is the sporting layout at Carradale.  Not to be missed if your knuckles aren't too white from the drive.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Jim McCann

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »
Marty,

Great plug for a cracking wee course.

I managed to play here last May and loved every minute.

Thoroughly recommended if making the trip to the Mull of Kintyre.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:51:01 PM by Jim McCann »

Niall C

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
Jim

What I love about that first photo is that it shows that you don't need an intricately shape of green when you have contours like that. Great picture.

Niall

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
Jim,

Great photos, thanks! The place just has the goods. What's really wild is the place is maintained by ONE greenkeeper and two helpers for most of the year. If it's not a top candidate for affordable sustainability in golf...there isn't one!

Cheers,
Kris 8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back