News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Starting where he left off in what amounts to A Call to Arms, Melvyn delves into outside aids like riding and distance devices in the first question of his Feature Interview Act II. Right away (and not surprisingly), you gain a clear sense of where he stands with carts when he writes ‘The very idea of cheating oneself to save time and energy, perhaps in the belief that it will enhance one’s performance, makes me wonder if you have selected the right game for yourself.’ To avoid any confusion ;), he goes on to say, ’The game is actually that simple, it just requires the player to walk and think. No pressure whatsoever, but the laziness of our modern society is like a terminal virus constantly eating away the healthy quality parts of life or in this case a great game.’

Let’s call it the Melvyn Manifesto and it is a cry for a simpler (and therefore less expensive) game. When he writes, ‘Walk and you become at one with the course. You are forced by the mere fact of walking to notice the contours, the potential traps and possible routes subject to your playing skills,’ who can argue? Or ‘With Distance Aids it’s just about getting over the belief that they do help when, in fact, all they actually help is to drain your bank account chasing what you already possess. There can be no more enjoyment or satisfaction in knowing you did it your way, unaided, and if it was a good shot, that inward joy that makes us play the game time after time.’

Melvyn’s prose is such that you know he isn’t running for office as he tries to appease no one. One senses his ever mounting frustration at the way the game continues to be allowed to drift aimlessly away from its core. Personally, I sympathize with various of his points of view including some of these heart-felt zingers:

1) Regarding carts, ‘But for able bodied golfers to even consider using one shows a lack of commitment to the game, course and him/herself.’
2) Relative to technology, ‘a potential edge (or in other words a loser looking for options to combat a poor round).’
3) Relative to over-maintained immaculate courses, ‘super green manicured Greens and Fairways, crisscrossed by cart paths and carts, with zombie players only showing signs of life when using their electronic distance aids.’  :o

His answers dance all over the place. I like one suggestion - though it certainly will never come to pass - and that is the notion that all players use the same equipment in a tournament. I suppose Melvyn would allow shaft lengths to be adjusted from standard so that the short-armed or long-armed player wasn’t disadvantaged but what if every player at the Masters one year played the same ball and set of fourteen clubs from one manufacturer? It is an out of the box notion to be sure and one that has as much appeal as it does impracticalities. Rather than a namby-pamby approach, Melvyn serves up a fiery concoction that makes you think. And given his genealogy, isn’t that what you would hope for – a strict traditionalist who doesn't mince words?

As a tour guide, he points us in the direction of several hidden gems with Warkworth Golf Club seeming to be a Sean Arble type find if ever there was one! I have never heard of it yet the three photographs are most encouraging. Also, anyone who reads Part II of his Feature Interview is bound to have renewed interest in getting to Askernish. In many ways, Askernish is his modern day poster child course for ‘land fit for purpose.’ He describes it as ‘...real Golf, 19th Century Golf as it was when golf was exported all over the world. It’s a true Links Course offering up all the conditions, sometimes with a vengeance, that one expects from a Links Course. You know you have combated Nature at Askernish and all the modern aids are of little help being made more or less redundant by the effect of the environment.’

Like many of us, Melvyn deeply cares for nature and how man interacts with it. He writes, ‘We need to relook at the brutal stripping of the land back to bedrock, just to place drainage and/or irrigations systems then re-float the subsoil/soil. Settlement is, I believe key to a good course, but before that happens we get an unheard of amount of water being used to generate greenery, and as lush as possible. It is overkill, the land has been raped, but for what actual benefit? So we can have super manicured courses, but that is just not golf. Because we have the money, worst still the technology, we jump in fast, to produce what the owner/club wants and to hell if it’s right for the site, the land or region. Ladies & Gentlemen, golf needs that natural, special ingredients which Nature is so good at creating and maintaining. So why destroy it then try to reproduce what was already there? Is it all just vanity or is it just Man’s destructive soul, knowing that with modern technology we can rebuild it if we have enough money?’ He goes on to beg, ‘show nature some respect, because whatever we can do, she can always do better. TOC teaches us what can be achieved if we work with Nature; how it can be maintained at sensible levels. All it takes from us a little sign of respect and some intelligence in building courses on land fit for purpose. Or are we still going to choose unfit sites and build Disneyland type courses like The Castle (St Andrews 7th Course) for silly money that looks so out of place with its own surroundings and environment.’

One thing is for sure: Melvyn is unlikely to get a job in public relations for a course. Read this: ‘I still get drawn back to TOC, while the above courses are new they have not had the foot traffic of 6 Centuries that has helped compact the land. For 5 of those 6 centuries the course matured by allowing free ranging of the sheep and cattle and the humble, earth worm. Old Tom stopped the cattle grazing but allowed the sheep to continue cropping the grass while their droppings improved the turf. In many an old report on other new courses, we read that the course needs to have some play to help improve its quality, well, TOC has certainly had that with the result being that the turf is so enjoyable to play upon. The worms have gone but still modern machinery has taken their place giving us a fast and firm links course that is a joy to walk, let alone play upon. Courses like cars need to be run in, soil needs to settle, grass and turf need to mature, binding together for that fast and firmness being the ultimate goal. In time Askernish, Castle Stuart and Renaissance will fare as TOC and we will then be able to really judge their true qualities. Alas, it will be at least another century or two before that will happen.” Can you imagine the developer of a new course having his PR person say, 'I really liked how we built the course and how sensitive we were to nature but it will be ~ 100 to 200 years before we get a true sense if we really accomplished anything here.’  8) I LOVE IT as this is GolfClubAtlas.com at its commercial free best with there being no reprisal for no one being safe from the crosshair of his bow.

In some ways, Melvyn is the Taliban with strict views that only a few wholly support. For instance, many (though not me) might disagree with the following: ‘A Caddie was originally there to carry a Gentleman’s clubs – not in a bag but loose. Their silence was expected but today Caddies are regarded as Tourist/Golf Information Centres. If you use a Caddie, seek his silence mode to enable you to fully interact with the virgin course you are about to play. After all, they say you always remember your first time – it will mean so much more if you play it unaided. Utilise the Caddies experience (if you must) on your second round.’ I give him great credit for consistency of message. As he repeats in many varied ways, golf is meant to be the ‘oldest of challenges Man against the Elements, not Man with his aids.’ How true, how true yet it is a message that the governing bodies don't cleanly deliver!

Ultimately, Melvyn pleads for Golfers as opposed to Players. ‘The game needs Golfers. We need Golfers in place of Players. The game needs golfers who accept and work within the rules of the course etiquette. Also, the teaching of the game of golf to novices should incorporate more than just how to grip a club and hit the ball.’ I agree with those sentiments. And it is with more than a touch of family pride that he writes ‘The Old Course is like a beacon of stability and continuity that the game needs so much due to the failures of the governing bodies to govern and to protect the heart and spirit of the great game of Golf.’ Just like The Old Course, his forty page two part Feature Interview - here forth known as the Melvyn Manifesto - is a beacon as well in regards to the game’s core values.

Melvyn delivers it with such punch that I am actually a little worried. Several lads and I are gathering at Southern Pines Country Club for a foursomes match in thirty minutes. Of course we will be walking, leather bags slung over our shoulders. However, some will have pipes and some flasks to combat the 46F temperature and drizzle. I just hope Melvyn doesn’t take too dim a view on such outside  ;) aids!

Cheers,
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:56:06 AM by Ran Morrissett »

Mac Plumart

Great work Melvyn!  Thanks.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tom_Doak

Well done, Ran and Melvyn.

I am not sure I want to see Melvyn's "moratorium" on golf equipment and golf course development ... we've had close enough to one the last three years.

And, while I agree that there are way too many golf carts in the world, I believe Melvyn should cut the R & A a break for allowing carts to be used in medical circumstances everywhere in the UK.  Does the UK not have the equivalent of an Americans with Disabilities Act?  I have had several older friends who feared going to Bandon Dunes because they could no longer walk 18 holes, and it's been an honor to put their minds at rest and have someone waiting with a cart so they can get around and play golf there.  I also disagree with his idea that carts make the game easier for people ... if he had any experience with them, he would understand that playing from a cart makes it much more difficult to get into a rhythm or to get a feel for one's game, and that playing out of a cart is no advantage at all.

However, there is much wisdom in what Melvyn writes, as well.  I've just started reading "How To See Yourself As You Really Are" by The Dalai Lama, and even six pages in, you can see the conflict between a philosophy which watches out for all living things vs. a philosophy that declares that "corporations are people".  I am not sure Melvyn is quite as tolerant of others as The Dalai Lama [nor is anyone else I've encountered here, with the possible exception of Mr. Pallotta] ... but I know which side of the divide Melvyn would fall on.

Scott Warren

I enjoyed the passion of Melvyn's description of Askernish:

Askernish just for its simplicity, brilliance and what can be done by a dedicated team if the land it truly fit for purpose. It is real Golf, 19th Century Golf as it was when golf was exported all over the world. It’s a true Links Course offering up all the conditions, sometimes with a vengeance, that one expects from a Links Course. You know you have combated Nature at Askernish and all the modern aids are of little help being made more or less redundant by the effect of the environment.

Melvyn, how much time have you spent on-site at the Askernish course since it was re-established?

Ben Sims

Whatever my opinion of Melvyn's manifesto, I think everyone has to respect the effort of thought put into it.  I am so enraged at the attention this is receiving and I don't know why!  90% of what Melvyn espouses falls in line with my own beliefs on simplicity.  I hate rangefinders, but I do look at sprinkler heads.  I loathe cart paths but I do take a cart on about 30% of my rounds.  I hate that technology has put the spurs to so many great golf courses, yet I love testing the new RocketBallz and what not.  I think that probably makes me some sort of hypocrite, or maybe just honest.  Maybe that's what irks some of us about Melvyn.

Yes!, in fact what irks me so much about Melvyn is that he has the fortitude to call me out, to call all of us out.  Ran hits a homerun with the use of the word "Taliban" to describe some of Melvyn's ideas.  But we aren't talking about repression of freedom, this is merely golf.  I certainly prefer Melvyn's thoughts on the future of golf to, say, the Back9 network's ideas.  Maybe "taliban" isn't such an attractive word.  Call it getting back to basics.

At any rate, I told Melvyn once that "you have lost me."  I still have no interest in debating anything with him because it will accomplish nothing other than to rile myself, whilst changing not one iota of his views.  If that has been his mission on this site, to stick to talking points with such dogged determination to get even minor concessions to his side, then he is winning.  Gosh how I hate it.  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:18:30 PM by Ben Sims »

Bill_McBride

Ben, just think of this as "Melvyn's Magical Mystery Tour," you'll calm down a bit!   ;D

Terry Lavin

Ben,

Fear thee not. I suspect that almost everybody has grown tired of the message and the messenger. Pressing the repeat button, drawing fire and acting like a victim tend to dilute an otherwise sensible, if impractical point of view.  There's nothing wrong with espousing walking and old time design principles but we've heard it too many times before, usually followed by insults hurled at those who grow tired or disagree. At one point, I had grown so tired of his shtick that I convinced myself that Old Tom himself would take this guy to the woodshed. 
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tiger_Bernhardt

I too find the rigid, non negotiable positions to be not worthy of GCA much less the interview section. There are too many interesting things to discuss with people who like to think and reason to waste ones time on this. Tom was right on the money about handicapped and older people who would like to play the game. Should they be told no, it is not a game for you now? Life and the world are not black and white. I certainly hope GCA is not becoming Fox News or talk radio where polarizing positions and yelling insults is the desired type and content of communication. This interview sure gives one pause to think that is our direction.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:49:22 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Melvyn Morrow

We all have an opinion, clearly Ran seems to think mine was worthy of posting.

As for carting, if old or needy require them for mobility have I not repeatedly said they are a good idea, but as with many things my critics are so full of themselves that they believe what they THINK they are reading instead of read what was written.

As for the R&A, Tom, they failed and continue to fail. That article from 1920 proves that there is a serious energy saving and that just relates to picking up and setting down clubs. Had they included the energy of walking within their study – one wonders just how much energy a player would save if carts were available at that time. That study was available 30 years before carts appeared, but did the R&A look to see how helpful or the advantage the cart gave the fully fit player? No this is the point they never seem to look into the consequences of their actions.

Alas back then it was a totally walking game. If you had mobility problems, or any other disability including age affected mobility the position back then and for a many centuries before, was a simple fact of choosing a sport suitable to your physical and mental abilities. Advice that is still greatly applicable today.

As I mentioned use a cart but there should be a forfeit of say 2 if not three strokes per 9 Holes to try and balance
the advantage created by a cart vs. walking.

While on 9 Holes, this was the normal size of a course form many years, some clubs still are only 9 Holes, so if you break for lunch after 9 Holes, so what’s the beef, apart from being on the menu.

MY views are based upon history, of how the game was played, is played and may be played, it’s also all about the land the courses are played upon and the past ridicules cost of building, placing totally unfair long term pressures on clubs/owners. All highly topical and IMHO rather valid considering the state of the world’s finances and the concerns regards the environment.

Silly closed minded individuals moan at me for being repetitive in a game that is full of repetitive Holes – on a 9 Hole course being twice as repetitive as an 18 Hole course. Yet they go on much further than me, at least I am relating my points to golf, history and GCA, they are being repetitive even more so than me but not on the points of GCA but moans and complaints because they cannot control the effects of age, other ailments or is it the threads on this site.

Instead of being constructive – something I do try to be when discussing a problem, these self-appointed mind police try and gag an interview that the site creator asked and then posted upon his site.

The shame is not with me or my opinions, but others who agree with me in principal but are not willing to speak out at against the closed minded bigotes that try and police this site.

Ran, if you feel my Interview has no worth to golf or this site then pull them both and throw them in the waste bin to appease these constant moaners who seem to have very little else of interest to post.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:23:01 PM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Andy Troeger

Melvyn,
Put me down with Terry and Tiger. I have no problem with you sharing your views, but do find it distasteful that you insist on insulting everyone who disagrees with you. Not once in my memory have you been willing to accept a disagreeing viewpoint as having the slightest bit of validity, yet you call others closed-minded. If you really want to be constructive, try considering another viewpoint and try to see the slightest bit of validity in it. Perhaps then those of thus that long ago tuned you out will re-consider what you have to say.

Michael George

Re: Part II of the Melvyn Manifesto now posted under Feaure Interview section
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »
Melvyn:

"The shame is not with me or my opinions"

I agree that the shame is not with your opinions --- everyone has those and your opinions have "some" basis in golf history. However, name calling like "close minded bigotes" and "silly close minded individuals" have no place on a golf course architecture site. The game of golf is not life and death.  It should never be taken to these extremes.

Further, I don't think it is proper or professional to protect yourself in the cloak of Ran's decision to interview you.  You have a very interesting family history that is worth reading about.  However, I don't think the interview is an endorsement of your opinions or the manner in which you defend them.  
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »

For all my faults and I have many, it’s not me that’s going off topic it’s you and your friends.

Don’t like me, my point of view or the way I write, go and do something about it. Get rid of me, speak to Ran but stop screwing up posts with complaints and moans that have nothing to do with golf or GCA.

You don’t agree then say. You are your two buddies don’t like what I say or my answers, then why ruin the post for others. Why bother reading any of my posts or threads, why comment?

As for this interview asked for by Ran, checked by him before he posted it upon his site. Seems to infer that he was happy with it or are you saying he was trying to set me up for attacks from people like you Tiger and others. I can’t believe that so it’s down to the usual bunch to try and stop my post in which every way you can – again that’s not a smack in the mouth for me but it would certainly be directed towards Ran, the other Members of this site.

Just what is it that is so terrible about my opinions that you would see them silenced? It can’t be a simple thing that you just do not agree.

You have a problem with me, take it up with Ran

PS
I hope Ran pulls the interviews and we will call it a victory for the GCA.com. Where are the so called defenders of free speech, now that would be a good topic.

Michael George

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »

Melvyn - do honestly believe calling someone a "close minded bigot" has any place on this site or that Ran or anyone else responsible for the site would endorse such name calling? 

It is golf we are talking about.  I did not even think you could be a 'bigot" concerning golf. 
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »

Michael

I have been called many names on this site, my response has been very tame in comparison.

Ben Sims

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
Where are the so called defenders of free speech, now that would be a good topic.

Mr. Morrow,

I swore an oath to this text.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I have no interest in silencing your message and your opinion.  I don't think many on this site do.  I agree with many of your points.  However, your delivery is despicable and has been for a long time.  If Ran thinks that your delivery is refreshing, so be it.  But like I said a long time ago to you, "you have lost me."  I have no interest in agreeing with someone that continuously and egregiously insults others in the name of bettering a game.  I wish Ran felt the same way.  But it is his website, and since I wish to remain a member in good standing here, will silence my objections to your inflammatory speech.  I will excuse myself from any further discourse with you, as I hope others will do until you begin to present your well founded ideas and opinions with the modicum of respect that we all deserve here.  

Ran mentioned in the new year that posting with malice and an air of certitude were both negative aspects of the discourse on this site.  I am guilty of that crime and try to do better.  Do you?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:06:13 PM by Ben Sims »

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 05:13:05 PM »
You are a free agent do as you wish. Again I say if you do not like my delivery why bother reading let alone post on any of my comments or threads.

Go on you and your buddies silence me by sending me to Coventry it is the best way to advertise a web-site. As I have said on many occasions Ran or the majority want me to go I will willingly do so, but I will not be bullied off.

Will we be able now to back to the subject this thread is supposed to be dealing with?  That is on the premise that someone may still be interested
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:35:49 PM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Andy Troeger

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »
Melvyn,
Is asking for you to be respectful in your posts and considerate of others opinions that difficult a request? I've attempted for two years to avoid you on this discussion board, but with 4700 posts you're not the easiest to avoid. There is no intent to silence your views, only to ask you to show respect for other posters. As you said, you have been called many names, often sadly by posters with a long history of civility to everyone else. Your responses have been anything but tame, however, and at some point you become the common link in these ongoing discourses.

I've suggested this to you before--by showing more respect for your fellow posters you will see more interest in your ideas.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 06:41:45 PM »
You are a free agent do as you wish. Again I say if you do not like my delivery why bother reading let alone post on any of my comments or threads.

Go on you and your buddies silence me by sending me to Coventry it is the best way to advertise a web-site. As I have said on many occasions Ran or the majority want me to go I will willingly do so, but I will not be bullied off.

Will we be able now to back to the subject this thread is supposed to be dealing with?  That is on the premise that someone may still be interested

With all due respect, you come off like a kid who throws stones all day at his schoolmates but then laments that nobody wants to play with him at recess.  In the last thread about the first installment of Melvyn's Greatest Hits, you referred to the dissenters as "morons". Those are the people who don't want to chat up anything with Melvyn. You call for tolerance but are a most intolerant presence.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

David_Tepper

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »
"I like one suggestion - though it certainly will never come to pass - and that is the notion that all players use the same equipment in a tournament. I suppose Melvyn would allow shaft lengths to be adjusted from standard so that the short-armed or long-armed player wasn’t disadvantaged but what if every player at the Masters one year played the same ball and set of fourteen clubs from one manufacturer?"

Sorry Ran, but that is just nonsense. What exactly would such an exercise prove? It is hard to imagine an idea more contrary to the nature of golf as, to the very best of my knowledge, golfers have been able to select their own equipment throughout the entire history of the game.

Golf is a game played by individuals that come in all shapes & sizes. They are tall, short, thin, stout, young and old. Some swing fast, others swing slow. Some sweep the ball, others take divots. Some hit the ball high, some hit the ball low. Some players use more spin than others. Why should everyone be expected to use the same equipment?

And that is just the players! What about the courses and varying course conditions? Shouldn't players be able to adjust the makeup of the clubs in their bag to best match the conditions of play? Isn't making that judgement also part of what golf is about? Remember Ray Floyd putting a 5-wood in his bag and breaking the tournament record in the Masters?

I can only imagine the look on Ben Hogan's face if some tournament official had ever told him which clubs he had to use!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:22:04 PM by David_Tepper »

JLahrman

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
Sorry Ran, but that is just nonsense. What exactly would such an exercise prove? It is hard to imagine an idea more contrary to the nature of golf as, to the very best of my knowledge, golfers have been able to select their own equipment throughout the entire history of the game.

I have a hard time thinking of any sport where personal equipment is mandated to the the participant. Within certain specifications, can you not choose your shoes, clothes, racquets, balls, skis, gloves, etc. for almost any sport?

Additionally, did the R&A/USGA not implement the 14-club rule to promote individual skill and less reliance on the high number of specialized clubs that players were implementing?

Which would mean that players from a century ago were looking for shortcuts around developing their skills. Not only that, the bags heavy with far more than 14 clubs were then passed off to the caddy - the ultimate playing aide - so that golfers didn't have to exert the energy to carry their own bags around.

I've never given this theory around the "laziness of our modern society" much credibility. Technology has made us more sedentary because society has had the collective goal of being lazier for time immemorial. Had golf carts been around a century ago, I believe a lot of players would have jumped right in. Humans today are not lazier than they were 100 years ago. However, technology has given us the ability to bring that laziness to fruition. You don't think monks silently rejoiced when Gutenberg invented the printing press? Tune in again in the year 2100 and our lives will be even more sedentary.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:09:07 PM by JLahrman »

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
Melvyn,
I am a real newcomer to this site and you and I have had some nice discussions. My question is your mindset when you tee it up. Do you see the game as a batttlefield ?  You versus the course and its designer. From your manifesto I feel you get little pleasure from a great layout played with friends. Is it really you v the course and that is all that matters?

Is there room for friendship, fun and enjoyment in the moment and the game ??

I mean no disrespect I am just curious what goes through your mind on the first tee.

ED
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

David_Tepper

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
"My question is your mindset when you tee it up."

Ed B. -

What on earth actually makes you think our dear Mr. Spode actually plays golf? ;)

DT

David_Tepper

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
"Additionally, did the R&A/USGA not implement the 14-club rule to promote individual skill and less reliance on the high number of specialized clubs that players were implementing?"

Joel L. -

Excellent point! The 14-club rule went into effect in 1939. Legend has it Lawson Little won back-to-back US & British Amateurs in the 1930's with close to 20 clubs in his bag.  

All sorts of "specialty" clubs existed back in the 19th century - rut irons, rake irons, ribbed-faced irons, etc.

DT
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:52:22 PM by David_Tepper »

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »
"My question is your mindset when you tee it up."

Ed B. -

What on earth actually makes you think our dear Mr. Spode actually plays golf? ;)

DT

Wow that never crossed my mind. Say it ain't So.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Sean_A

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »
Its a great shame that people are dumping on Melvyn on a thread meant to highlight his manifesto.  Most already know much of the manifesto, so I don't much see the point in launching yet another offensive on the guy.  Its fine if you don't agree with Melvyn or his style of discourse, but this isn't the place to raise the issues. 

This is the only time I can think of this sort of nonsense happening on a Ran Intro Thread.  Really guys, you ought to know better or at least control yourselves if you don't know better. 

Melvyn - you would have done yourself a great service not to engage these folks this time. For better or worse, let your manifesto speak for you.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back