News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Thompson

Re: For the super's....eradication of common bermuda
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
Anthony,
I stand corrected on the round up amount, ithe six to eight gallons was per Hectacre so you need to divide by 2.5 and that was cut in half between the two applications. I know you can get to a point where the ltranslocation is lessened with more product and therefore the splitting into two applications. Ideally, I also agree with watiing another fourteen days and even better 21 days and make a thrd application but I have also seen sucsess where the club didnīt want to wait another twenty one days and they had good results and have pure tiif. Not so pure that if we went out there we wouldnīt find one single common bermuda plant but favorable results.
In Buenos Aires Golf and also a course called Martindale in Argentina that I consulted at the 419 has moved in flat areas and expanded about by about an average of six feet over a fifteen to twenty year time frame. Two clubs in Cordaba, one where Anegel Cabrera got his start, put plugs of tiff into there common fairways three years before my visit and fifteen years ago when I consulted there, the patches were definetly growing, not as fast as they would have liked but enlarging. I will look into if now after fifteen years they are predominatley tiff or not. I have not seen area where the tiff has been shrunk and the common enlarged. Just trying to share with you what I have seen.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 06:03:07 AM »
Randy,
  I would LOVE some of thos sprigs! Post veticutting, please send runners to Tony Nysse @ Pine Tree Golf Club. 10600 Pine Tree Terrece.....:)
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Matt Wharton

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »
FWIW, when we were restoring CGC in 2008 (actually this part was fall 2007) we sprayed the entire course (common bermudagrass) with a tank mixture of RoundUp (6 qts/A) and Fusilade (1 qt/A) plus methylated seed oil.  This was followed with a 1/2 lb N/M of ammonium sulfate 2 weeks later.  This was followed with a second application of RoundUp alone at 6 qts/A plus methylated seed oil 2 weeks later.  I learned of this method from Bud White with the USGA Green Section.  I was told I could easily expect greater than 90% kill.  I have seen a fair amount of common coming back in several fairways now after the past two years.  I even have some patches of 328 that came from somewhere.  I do believe the fact we were already in a bad drought at that stage of 2007 (I am in NC) had a significant impact on the efficacy.  We only had single row irrigation at that time with large expanses of non-irrigated rough and I firmly believe the drought adversely affected uptake.  Also, we blecavated the golf holes prior to sprigging with 419.
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back