News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Lake Karrinyup
« on: January 27, 2002, 10:21:50 AM »
Did anyone see it on The Golf Channel the past few days? Any comments or thoughts on what you saw?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Lynn Shackelford

Re: Lake Karrinyup
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 12:09:16 PM »
I feel the director succeeded in some respects in actually giving the viewer a sense on the downhill slopes of some fairways.  This and Sergio practically falling down.  At times with their graphics and "behind the golfer in the fairway shot" I could see the golfer's second shot.  Furthermore, Sergio hit a drive on was it 14?, he hooked it around the dogleg, and used the positive "turbo boost."  Els just laid up.  All this made for some better than usual viewing.  I had the sense it was a better than ordinary course.  What kept me from significant interest was the bunkering.  It was pretty straight forward.  One of the announcers said something about that being addressed and changed before another major championship will be played there again.  But give me Renton Laidlaw anytime on a broadcast.  He hints at the bad holes and tells you the good holes.  His discussion about John Daly coming to Melbourne and the expected North winds just increased my interest in the coming week.  Also his discussion with broadcast partner about drinking white wine while in Perth, but red wine if traveling to the country to the South of Perth is just great TV.  Imagine our American homogenized announcers touching on a topic like that! ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back