News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Kelly

Re: Rich Goodale's Architectural Evolution of Dorn
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2002, 07:40:15 AM »
Tom MacWood --

You write: "[Y]ou have to admit Rich is consistent in his inconsistency - the definition of a truly great contrarian."

I beg to differ. A truly great contrarian is inconsistent in his consistency.

Do I need to put a smiley face here?

Tom IV --

In reply to Rich's wisecrack about how writing this piece about Royal Dornoch took him a full 4-hour Clorox work week, you wrote: "Four hours is a full week?  Damn, I've been doing way too much OT putting in 6 all these years...."

It may amuse you to know that I read "OT putting" to rhyme not with "OT footing" -- as you likely intended -- but with "OT cutting."

Freudian slip, perhaps? (I'm still trying to figure out the deeper meaning, if any, of that "6.")

I pictured you -- which is quite impossible, because I've never laid eyes on you -- rolling putts down some long, industrially carpeted (as slick as a downhiller on the 8th at Pebble!) hallway, late at night, in the bowels of the otherwise-deserted Clorox World Headquarters, muttering under your breath about that lucky SOB Rich Goodale and his lousy no-good membership at Royal Dornoch.

;D

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

THuckaby2

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2002, 07:47:21 AM »
Dan Kelly - though that was surely a freudian post, you seem to know me FAR too well - the only error is I don't spend many late nights here!  The putting and cursing occurs in my office during normal business hours.... And as for the "6", maybe that represents the evil of it all?

;)

TH

Jeremy Glenn. (Guest)

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2002, 03:05:27 PM »
Rich,

Fantastic piece.

When I was planning my trip to Scotland last year, Dornoch was not inititaly on my route.  However, I give full credit to the members of GCA for pulling me in that direction, and Dornoch has become my favorite piece of land, and truly a fascinating golf course.  Frustrating at first, which only makes you want to come back again and again to figure the thing out.  Standing on the 18th tee, and taking a "moment" at sundown overlooking the entire property and the North Sea is a memory etched in my mind.

One day, I will return...

Richard_Goodale

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2002, 03:27:12 PM »
Jeremy

Let me know when you do and we'll go out at 9:00PM some summer evening and I'll show you the Reverse Course......

Rich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back