News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Chapin

Punta Cana
« on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
I Will be in Punta Cana, DR in a few weeks and I'm trying to decide where to play with some friends. 

Suggestions? Favorites?

Anthony Gray

Re: Punta Cana
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 04:20:31 AM »

Brian,

Roko Ki has one of the best set of finishing holes.15-18 are world class.don't pass it up.

Anthony

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »
I have only seen Punta Espada at Cap Cana.  It was very good.

Sev K-H Keil

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »
I second Punta Espada at Cap Cana --- It's an excellent JN design --- most of the holes are along the ocean or have a great view. The standout hole is probably 13, a 250-yard par-3 over the ocean.  Also, I enjoyed the 611-yard second hole, a par-5 where you tee off from the top of a bluff to a landing area where the fairway makes a sharp dogleg along an ocean inlet.

Here are some pictures: http://www.golfcapcana.com/

Barry Stern

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:34:48 PM »
I have not played cap cana (monstrously expensive from what i hear), but we stay at the resort four years running now and i play the pb dye la cana course 3 or 4 times in the week i'm out there.  I really can't comment from an architectural standpoint, but it is a really fun course to play, hardly ever crowded, a very nice 3 hour round. 

Chris Munoz

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 05:22:31 AM »
I would play Corales, Punta Espada, La Cana.  Then make the drive to La Romana and play Teeth of the Dog and La Estancia. 

Where are you going to be staying while you are in Punta Cana?  I can recommend some hotels for you and places to eat. 
Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back