News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Talamore, Ambler, PA "Playability Renovations"
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
I am a resident social member of this private non-equity club owned by Bob Levy who also owns Talamore(Rees Jones) and Mid South(Palmer) in the Pinehurst area and the new Applecross(Nicklaus Design) in Chester County, PA.

Talamore in PA is currently undergoing some in house renovations. Here is a letter to members from the owner with some interesting references to Rees Jones and Nicklaus Design:

http://tinyurl.com/26am7ge

I hosted Joe Bausch  on a cloudy day. Here are photos from The Bausch Collection:

http://myphillygolf.com/uploads/bausch/Talamore/index.html

More photos from the club's website:

http://www.talamorepa.com/golf.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:37:15 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Dan Boerger

Re: Talamore, Ambler, PA
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
Steve - I play Talamore just about every year. Really enjoy it and it demands some pretty precise tee shots. That was also an interesting read and I look forward to playing Applecross one of these days.
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

John Foley

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
Played many a round there when my Brother-in-law was a member. Had some very cool greens, but was a beast if you are not driving it straight.

Very interested how they would make the changes and how much improvement they get.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
Is it just me, or do those bunkers look uninspired?

Mark McKeever

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »
I have to agree with the above comments.  It looks like there are some all or nothing tee shots out there!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Talamore, Ambler, PA "Playability Renovations"
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
"The plain and simple fact is that the golf world and new course design philosophies have changed dramatically since the 1990's. Visually striking is still an important design feature yet playability for all levels is now atop the leader board."

Indeed, there remain many forced carries at Talamore. The "playabilty renovations" here  primarily involve elimination of some bunkers. The greens remain very firm and undulating and are difficult to hold. 
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back