News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve D

Jacksonville Public Options
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »
I'm trying to find a good public course in Jacksonville beside the TPC courses.  I've found a couple of threads addressing Jacksonville courses, but no indication of whether the suggestions in those threads are public or private.  Does anyone have any public suggestions for Jacksonville?  It needs to be in Jacksonville and not up the road in Amelia or Fernandina Beach.  Thanks!

Steve

John_Cullum

Re: Jacksonville Public Options
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »
Check out Hyde Park
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mark Smolens

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »
I think there's a course called Windsor Parke in the area which is very nice. . .

Dean Stokes

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
St Johns Country club. They held first stage q school a couple weeks ago. Should be in good shape and good course.
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Steve D

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
Thanks, these are great and I'll check into them.

Steve

Will Peterson

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
If you are on the south side of town check out:

St. John's - Good track, tough.

South Hampton - Good shape, has a good mix of holes and is a lot of fun.

Out to the west in Orange Park, 15-30 mins and easy to get to if you are staying by 95 / Southside Blvd., you have:

Eagle's Landing - I really like this course.  There is nothing spectacular about it, but I always have fun when I play there.  In good shape, and usually not very crowded.  Can be a bit of a drive from Jax, 30 mins.

Eagle Harbor - Ok couses through a housing development.  Has a good twilight rate.

Flemming Island - Similar to Eagle Harbor.

Orange Park CC - Only played it once, but remember it  having some good holes.  Is the closest of the Orange Park courses to Jax.  I am not sure about access.  I think it is private, but allows visitors at certain times.  I had no problem playing by just calling the shop.

Hyde Park is a Ross, but not one of his best.  There doesn't seem to be much left of it.

Windsor Park is convenient, but very so so and the conditions are quite hit and miss.  Depending on how it is playiing, it can be over priced. 

Jax Beach GC is also very convenient.  The conditions are questionable and the course is rather boring, but it is close and cheap.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back