News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick Kiser

This is obviously part of the strategy in making sure golfing at Lincoln grows  ::) .

That or fabricate some evidence for lack of play...  :-X .

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/46777747.html
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Sam Maryland

Re: How To Promote Public Golf in SF - Lincoln Park Parking Fees
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
That's absurd. 

New York City public courses charge $3 for the day to park up close.  They conveniently forget to tell you there is a "free section" all the way at the back of the lot.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »
This is truly inane !

Yes, Sam is right -- Dyker Beach is one of the muni's in NYC that charge people -- why not provide some sort of validation after a round is completed or simply add on the amount to the fees charged. Nickel and diming people only adds the boiling point for many !

John Burzynski

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
The only possible benefit from a $1.50 and hour parking fee:

FASTER PLAY

in order to alleviate additional per hour parking fees.    I'llbet you see a return of 3-1/2 hour rounds.  :)

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »
Why don't they charge at Harding Park? 

Sean_Tully

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
Funny how this works and who is involved.

This is from the Chronicle this past Sunday

Booted: San Francisco Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi hasn't been shy about calling for higher parking fines - but he does seem to have a problem paying them.

San Francisco parking control officers booted Mirkarimi's 1993 Jeep Wrangler on Tuesday near his home on Webster Street after he racked up a stack of 10 parking tickets totaling $750.

Mirkarimi's vehicle was cited over the past seven months for everything from street-sweeping and parking meter violations to having an expired registration sticker.

On Thursday, the supervisor paid the tickets - plus an additional $205 for the boot's removal.

The irony here, of course, is that less than 24 hours after his Jeep was booted, Mirkarimi joined four of his fellow supervisors in voting against the mayor's proposed Muni budget - in part because it didn't include higher parking penalties.

Mirkarimi, however, is taking it all in stride, telling us, "I'm doing my part to help the Muni budget."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is interesting to note that they are taking the principle from what they are doing with the deficit in the Muni budget and applying it to the Parks and Rec dept.

It should also be noted that Mirkarimi is the Supervisor that has legislation that would restore Sharp Park for the two endangered species and could ultimately eliminate golf altogether.  I'm not saying that he is behind this, but the city is certainly going after golf in such ways as to possibly reduce play on the given courses.

Golfers in the Bay area need to make their voice heard and one quick and easy way is to go and play golf at anyone of the courses in the city. Obviously, Lincoln and Sharp Park should be at the top of the list as they are the ones that have been targeted.

Maybe we need to get a golf outing together for local GCAers and play the courses. I would be more than happy to put together a presentation on the given course, be it Sharp or Lincoln.

Tully

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »
I'm playing Harding on Friday and will report on the course.  It has been one year since I've played there.

I imagine Harding might escape the parking fee proposals because of its First Tee program, but, I guess anything is possible in SF.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Mike Benham

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
Why don't they charge at Harding Park? 

Since the article cites that Lincoln Park is operating at a deficit, it must imply that Harding is making a profit ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Sam Maryland

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
The only possible benefit from a $1.50 and hour parking fee:

FASTER PLAY

in order to alleviate additional per hour parking fees.    I'llbet you see a return of 3-1/2 hour rounds.  :)

I hadn't thought about that!!  Possibly this is an initiative we should support!!!!!!!!!  That is really funny!!!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
Would any of you Chicagoans confirm the rumor that a person need carry around 28 quarters just to park on the street?

Sort of a hijack..sorry.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Greg Tallman

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »
That is the single most ignorant idea I have ever heard. Not even close.

Hurry Up, Hurry up... pick it up that's good... I don't wnat to pay an extra hour of parking.

Nice... who ARE these people who dream such things up?

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 04:07:11 PM »
The same group of idiots who believe it is more important to fund a yearly parade of sodomites than renovate crumbling schools.

Jason McNamara

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »
Would any of you Chicagoans confirm the rumor that a person need carry around 28 quarters just to park on the street?

Sort of a hijack..sorry.

To bring it full circle, Adam....

Will any of the Lincoln Park (SF) parking enforcement resemble that of Lincoln Park (Chicago)?

http://www.last.fm/music/Steve+Goodman/_/Lincoln+Park+Pirates

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »

Sort of a hijack..sorry.

SF (or Nutville as Gib would say) is 25 cents for 10 minutes.  So depending on your pace ... it could go below or above 28 quarters.

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 02:52:52 AM »
I'm playing Harding on Friday and will report on the course.  It has been one year since I've played there.

Played today.  A lot of work needed to have it ready for Presidents Cup.  Turf in fairways is poor/sparse in a lot of areas.  Course "feels" wet...divots are wet and the turf is soft.  Greens are slow and bumpy.  Tees are good, though.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back