News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve D

Retreat Golf Clubs
« on: May 28, 2009, 02:25:48 PM »
I seem to remember a year or two ago seeing a publication that ranked the Top 50 or so private retreat golf clubs.  Sand Hills, Sage Valley, Augusta, Pine Valley etc were all on the list.  I believe that one of the requirements for making the list was that they had to have accommodations on site.  Does anyone know what list I'm talking about.  I can't seem to find it now.  I don't even remember what publication it was in.  Thanks!

Steve

Greg Holland

Re: Retreat Golf Clubs
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »

Tom Dunne

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »
Steve,

This feature was in the winter '06-'07 Golf Digest Index. I think this was their first-ever issue.

Steve D

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 02:34:31 PM »
That looks like the one I saw.  Thanks.  I don't know how I didnt manage to find it.  Thanks again.

Steve

Steve D

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »
Yes, this is from GD Index.  I used to get that and I don't anymore.  I just started showing up one day and then stopped just as mysteriously.  Whats the story on that publication??

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
Not sure.  It's free and still coming to my house.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
I don't think I've seen an issue in at least a year
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
I received one about 2 months ago.  It has the article about dogs on the course which is mentioned in another current thread here.  I enjoy this publication, in part because it is not overdone with instructions and swing tips. 

I hope the continue to publish it!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »
I seem to remember a year or two ago seeing a publication that ranked the Top 50 or so private retreat golf clubs.  Sand Hills, Sage Valley, Augusta, Pine Valley etc were all on the list.  I believe that one of the requirements for making the list was that they had to have accommodations on site.  Does anyone know what list I'm talking about.  I can't seem to find it now.  I don't even remember what publication it was in.  Thanks!

Steve

Steve, Shoot me your e-mail and I will forward a PDF of the list from 06-07 (May issue with Tiger on the cover... then again when is Tiger not on the cover)

PCCraig

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:47 PM »
Other than the top...this list is bogus! No Forest Creek? Lost Dunes? Point O Woods?
H.P.S.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »
I guess this was before the time of Ballyneal - or did they just happen to ignore it again?

Trey Stiles

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
I had the opportunity to play # 11 Whispering Pines ( north of Houston on Lake Livingston ) a couple of years ago.

It was big on the WOW factor ... Pure Golf , Simple Clubhouse , Nice Lodging , Painted Cows , Excellent practice facility , Spectacular conditioning , wonderful layout and architecture , over the top services.

Adds up to a wonderful day of golf ... Highly recommended.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back