News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Dan Herrmann

Re: Mount Washington Resort Course(Ross) in New Hampshire reopens...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:47:18 AM »
I really need to get back up there.  My last visit was (my gawd) in 2004!

Brad Tufts

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
Nice...I've been looking forward to this one.

Looks like, from the routing, that the famed first hole par 3 is no longer, and the course has been taken away from the congestion around the hotel driveways and the pro shop.

I made the trek from Boston to play this course in 04 or 05, and I thought it was pretty boring back and forth through the valley meadow.  There were a few fun holes around the edges where the elevation change was, but that was it.  I think this redo will be great for the course, despite the fact that the land isn't there to compete with the rollicking course up at the Balsams...
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Brad Tufts

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
That will teach me to post before I read the article...it is being billed as a restoration, so that ups the project on the cool meter.

It also looks like the original plans called for more venturing into some elevation changes, so that also will improve the place.

Some skillful fairway bunkering as well will also change the "whale away" tee shots on the meadow holes.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back