News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Brightly

Subtitled Board Meeting
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted and for the salty language, but if you have ever been on a club board, it is pretty funny.

http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=l3eoi8eammm6

Bob_Huntley

Re: Subtitled Board Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:55 PM »
Bill,

I have sent this to over seventy-five chaps whom have served on CC Boards and they have said this is the best ever.

Thanks for posting. I replay it constantly and laugh out loud every time.

Best wishes.

Bob

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:34:46 AM »
Bill,
Hilarious !
Do you think a club run by a 'malevolent dictator' one ups Pat Mucci's 'benevolent dictator'? ;D
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Buck Wolter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
If you've ever been to Sikeston this is even funnier -- It's a Bootheel Missouri town most famous for a restaurant that serves "Throwed Rolls" -- they actually chuck dinner rolls across the dining room to you.

When Adolf points out some of the trees they want to remove are part of the club's logo I almost cried I was laughing so hard.

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Will MacEwen

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »
It looks to me like the names used are actual members there, so it is obviously someone taking some shots at his golf buddies.  I gather that the club had serious tree damage from ice storms, necessitating the removal of several trees.  Some poor guy who thought his legacy would be reupholstering chairs in the grill room is now charged with a Sophie's Choice like task of determining which of the beloved trees get culled.

I thought the funniest lines were about women and seniors driving the green, and the complaint about someone who hits it so straight.

James Bennett

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
Outstanding.  LOL again and again.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tim Bert

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 10:21:25 PM »
Made my evening.  Thank you!

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:48 AM »
I told a friend about this and he said there are versions on the net for a lot of different subjects on the same clip. He even thought this overstream web site was set up just to add your own subtitles.  My mind started turning immediately!

Hitler as Ran?  The four who stay in the room are Tommy N, TePaul, Wayne and Moriarity?  The rant is about Merion or the Golf Digest rankings? 

;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:43:05 AM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 04:26:04 AM »
Jeff,

The movie is Downfall and it's just yet another derivative effort of the brilliant Sheffield Utd relegation video.

Mark

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:09:07 AM »
I told a friend about this and he said there are versions on the net for a lot of different subjects on the same clip. He even thought this overstream web site was set up just to add your own subtitles.  My mind started turning immediately!

Hitler as Ran?  The four who stay in the room are Tommy N, TePaul, Wayne and Moriarity?  The rant is about Merion or the Golf Digest rankings? 

;D

Here is the Man U clip.  Beware of the filthy language! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXNCe6dB94

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »
Bruno Ganz is amazingly good. I first saw him in "Wings of Desire". If I was an actor, I'd be very proud to be Bruno Ganz.

My favourite (out of a dozen): "McClure. What the f--k did McClure ever do? Okay, he installed a handicap lift - but does that make him a f--king hero?!"

Peter

I'm thinking a Pinter play might be better for a mock discussion between two architects:

You see the mound over there?
(pause) That mound?
Yes (beat) The one over there.
(pause) Yes (beat) The mound.
[A long silence]
What do you think?
(pause) Maybe.
(pause) Yeah (beat) That's what I was thinking.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:15:05 AM by Peter Pallotta »

Matt Day

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 04:33:21 AM »
Jeff,

The movie is Downfall and it's just yet another derivative effort of the brilliant Sheffield Utd relegation video.

Mark
as a West Ham fan that clip has been seen a few times..."and to make matters worse its Unsworth who scores" :D

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »
Maybe we can get Mark P to do one for Newcastle.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back