News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Jay Flemma's piece on "the Masters"
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:43:32 AM »
I thought it was a fun read.  Jay loves all the poetry and literature references.  In that, you can't miss identifying his style.  I reckon carving out an identity in that writing endeavor is a good thing...  ;D

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/restoring_the_roaring_with_minor_changes_to_course_setup_its_still_the_magical_masters

Jay is obviously aware of his critics, and he wrote me that his life has been too quiet lately, and seems prepared for 'constructive criticism'.  (my paraphrase  ;) )
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jason McNamara

Re: Jay Flemma's piece on "the Masters"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:30:22 AM »
Jay, if you're reading, very nice article, but did you seriously quote your own verse in your article?  That right there has me ready to hit the FAIL button.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:28 AM »
I don't agree with his conclusions at all.

Yes, last year was a snooze fest, but was that the courses fault or the two players who played slowly without being put on the clock? In the 2002 and beyond period where Jay has attributed all the changes causing the dull tournaments we have had the following happen:

2004 - Phils epic win.  One of the most dramatic endings to the tournament or any other for that matter. And the viewership #'s confirmed this with massive people tuning in.

2006 - Phils 2nd win....where everyone forgets Tiger was lurking the entire way and yet Phil held up to the pressure.

2005 - Tigers epic playoff win over Chris DiMarco with his famous chip in on 16.

2002 - Tigers win where a massive amount of names were chasing him down the stretch on the back 9, but Tiger held them off.

We have two mediocre years and now the entire the thing has gone to crap and we'll never have a good finish again?   Yes I would agree, a very well researched and thought out article  ::)  ::)

P.S.  And even 2007 wasn't that bad.  Remember Tiger was charging hard on the back 9 until he hit one in the water on 15 I believe it was to finish in 2nd place.  And Retief was threatening too!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:46:56 AM by Kalen Braley »

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
Jay, if you're reading, very nice article, but did you seriously quote your own verse in your article? 

that definitely is...different
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back