News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Witter

Interesting old aerials 1927
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »
I will attempt to post a few old aerials from 1927.  They are of 3 courses from western NY, 2 of which are fairly well known and designed by equally well known architects. Here is the 1st one, can you name the architect?  I may not get this right the fist time so forgive me.

Scott Witter

Re: Interesting old aerials 1927
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »
Oops, I just realized that if you right click on the picture you can see the url stuff and the name of the course, etc.  oh well.  It's still an interesting photo.  Wanakah believes their course was designed by Ross, but I have newspaper articles that say Willie Watson designed it.  There are other articles that state Ross walked the property with club officials, but no discussion that he designed anything.  The course was first there in the late 1800's and he Watson was hired to redesign--and he did so totally in the 1925.  This photo is from 1927, only 2 years after it opened.

The entrance drive to the club is in the lower left corner with the 1st hole playing down from the clubhouse site and along the right of the entry drive and the 2nd hole is along the left playing back up hill.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back