News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Nichols

Golf in Argentina
« on: March 07, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »
I'm presently living in Argentina and, though I've made a few acquaintances who play some golf, I'm always looking for additional games.  So if you're down here and interested in playing a round or two, please let me know. 

Randy Thompson

Re: Golf in Argentina
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:48:26 AM »
Where do you play regularly and what are your favorite courses. Have you played in Carmelo?
How long have you been there for and how long to do you plan on staying. I hope your not a vegatarian! Are the asados not incredible! Have you learned to eat every part of the cow minus the eyes? Please don't mention the quality of the women on this site, lets keep that a secrect!
Randy

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »

Hi Carl,

Curious...What got you to Argentina?

Anthony

Ian Dalzell

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »
Just spent a week down there and played some really nice golf - Nordelta, Pilar, Highlands Park and the best of the bunch for me - Olivos.  All located in the Buenos Aires region, there is some really good architecture down there.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:04 PM »
I’ve been in Argentina since mid-January, and will likely be here until July or August.  My wife was born here, and we had a unique opportunity to spend 6-7 months hanging out with her family without having to work (and to have our 3rd child while we are here--born 10 days ago), so we took it.  I play most of my golf at the Estudiantes Golf Club outside of La Plata (which is about 4 minutes from our house) and take sidetrips, whenever I have a chance, to play the BA courses, which are 45-75 minutes away, depending on the particular course and traffic.  (Of those courses, Olivos is my favorite experience – a little like stepping back in time.)  Haven’t yet played in Uruguay, although that’s on the list. 

Ian:  I’m a big fan of Olivos too.  How was Nordelta?  I’ve been meaning to get up there but haven’t had the chance yet. 

Kelly:  It must have been quite an experience building BA GC down here – I’ve found it a little more difficult to get things done here, to put it lightly.  Did you find the same thing?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back