News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Maryland

Pebble SWWoG on TGC Now!!
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:22:39 AM »
Incredible footage of Tom and Jack, Marr announcing, persimmon woods...

...just a heads up in case you can flip it on.

Joel_Stewart

Re: Pebble SWWoG on TGC Now!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »
What year was that?   They played the old 5th hole which I thought was interesting and obvioulsly the new fairway bunkers on #3 and #18 where not there.

Tom Watson was amazing, just lit it up on the front and couldn't putt at all on the back.  Made a rare birdie on #8 which was impressive.

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:39:07 PM »

What year was that?   

1995 I believe ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »
I was there; my first time walking the course which was inspiring. Let's not forget Grant Spaeth as the referree......

1995 is correct. Octo, if you look hard enough, or are neurotic enough.....you can see me in the gallery on a few holes. Of course being of the white majority I might not stand out very well......
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
I didn't think the crowd was that large considering the 2 players.   I went to the one at Olympic and they must have had over 10,000 people.   

I forgot to mention Nicklaus shot on the 3 par #12 which was on the lip.  To me it was the shot of the day.

David Stamm

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »
I was there; my first time walking the course which was inspiring. Let's not forget Grant Spaeth as the referree......

1995 is correct. Octo, if you look hard enough, or are neurotic enough.....you can see me in the gallery on a few holes. Of course being of the white majority I might not stand out very well......

Where? Which holes?
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 09:21:43 PM »

Where? Which holes?

I believe you can see me on #2 and #9 tees. In a green Eddie Bauer jacket. Look for the white guy drooling at Watson's tempo.

Mike Benham

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »

... In a green Eddie Bauer jacket ...

Don't kid us, it was a Member's Only jacket wasn't it?
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:56:53 PM »
Spaulding,

Nice mullet.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »
Spaulding,

Nice mullet.

Mullets? We talkin' bout mullets?

SL, I was actually there with the other SL....

Octo, good one. Of course your drooling these days has little rhyme or reason......   

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:32:18 AM by Jon Spaulding »

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 01:51:12 AM »

Slyder,

You stink.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
Thanks Charlie. I'll be there at 5:30 sharp for dinner after the volleyball game and will ask you to take a shower.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »
Thanks Charlie. I'll be there at 5:30 sharp for dinner after the volleyball game and will ask you to take a shower.

Golden.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
That's simply how I roll.

Sam Maryland

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 10:12:24 PM »
Gosh, given that one or more of you were there I'm sure 1995 must be right but I could have sworn it was 1991 at the latest.  Whichever, it gave me a looksee at some holes I've never seen before not having been fortunate enough to have played the course. 

But all in all both guys played great and given the course, the weather, and the display of skill, this one is def a classic!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back