News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Maryland

Re: Raymond Floyd was a Madoff victim
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »
Curious what logo will be on VJ's visor if he plays at Rivera this weekend?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29259845

This suggests he will still have the Stanford logo's.  Wonder if it's a matter of fulfilling the contract and then getting in the creditor line?

I sure hope IMG didn't use Stanford for client/player investment alternatives.

John Keenan

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
Sam

Interesting reply by IMG. I would have suspected they would be trying to distance themselves and their clients from the mess that will be Stanford. It may be as you say fulfill the agreement then get in line.

How long will the Golf Channel be running the Eagles for St Jude spots? I saw one last night. Hopefully St Jude has received their payment from last year!
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Sam Maryland

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 09:08:33 AM »
This is not what we were hoping to hear.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02192009/business/imgs_jock_shock_155914.htm

Article says IMG was steering client assets to Stanford and collecting a fee for it.  I really hope this turns out to be untrue but love 'em or hate 'em the NY Post does have a pretty good track record on things like this.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
Besides Tom Doak missing out on a project, the real tragedy of the Stanford/Madoff collaspes is that a heck of a lot of foundations and other non-profits had their money invested with these two worthless pieces of s__t.

The Carl and Ruth Shapiro Foundation was capitalized at $300m. Now that money and the income derived from it, will no longer be available to fund a great deal of very worthy projects. At least two groups I know in Boston are on the verge of shutting down due to this catastrophe. You can say that a non-profit should be more circumspect in their investments, but that doesn't mean much to a six year old who has been benefiting from their largesse.

Madoff will most likely serve less time than if he held up a gas station. Since we have reached back into history to suspend habeas corpus, we should bring back public flogging for these people.
Next!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back