News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Stephens

Re: Changes for the Open
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »
Ian,

I have not played the new 16th hole. But I can remember the playing the 'old' hole which was straight 'ish' and the right hand side burn did not really come into play that much. The new version looks like it brings it into play even more.

My home course's 15 hole approach shot is similar and anything slightly right of the middle is gobbled up by the slope which then directs the ball into the water.

The new fairway looks like it slopes from left to right which for a right hander the ball being below their feet which makes the shot more likely to veer right.

Niall C

Re: Changes for the Open
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
Ian,

I have played the 16th before and after and would say that in terms of looks that the new hole is as asthetically pleasing. I also think that its now a better hole with more to consider on the approach shot with the burn running round to the right as you look at the green.

When I played there last year they had put in a lot of the new bunkering which was really noticeable on the 1st where it just looked like a line of bunkers running up each side of the fairway, not the most inspiring sight. I had heard that they were considering taking out some of the bunkers that they had put in but don't know if this is true.

Niall

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back