News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Flooding in NW
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:54:40 PM »
Some of you may know, we just got hammered by floods in Northwest. Many golf courses have been affected, not the least of which is a local course named Carnation Golf Course. No architecture merit to speak of, but I think the picture below speaks for itself...

Craig Van Egmond

Re: Flooding in NW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:36:40 PM »

Wow!  I played Carnation a number of times during my tenure there, sad to see.  My guess is that Twin Rivers, Mt. Si, Snoqualmie Falls and others are experiencing flooding also.

Hopefully the pain will be over you guys soon.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
Amazing that the lights still work, as well as the employee theft prevention camera.......
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
Very sad Richard. I know I-5 has been closed with no alternate routes for a number of days now.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Rob Rigg

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:19:36 PM »
Wow - incredible and seriously bootsy.

I used to live about 15 minutes from Carnation - amazing how much more rain they got up in WA than we did in P'town.

How long does it usually take a course to recover from "flooding" if it has decent drainage?

I think parts of Aldarra are at a similar elevation to Carnation (?), but Sahalee should be okay because it is quite a bit higher.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back