News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

A Few Pics of The Eden
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »

From the Links Trust Web-Site, showing the criss-crossing 5th and 8th

The 8th, playing 175 yards with green sited on the dune:

The 5th, playing 145 yards with green sited in the dune:

Short right of the 5th:

The 1st green from back right:

Brilliant work.

Mike
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:28:11 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Gary Slatter

Re: A Few Pics of The Eden
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
the first time that my wife and I played the EDEN we seemed to get mixed up a bit and missed a hole. 

Yesterday I played the OLd Course in our weekly Thursday Club.  The pin on the 16th was front left, below the rise.  I thought it was superb and later in the clubhouse no one could ever recall the pin being down there. Some of the participants have been playing the Old for over 50 years, it is quite amazing that something new like this can still happen, brilliant!
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Richard Boult

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »
Neat story, Gary.

And, thanks for the pics, Michael. Brings back some memories of walking the Eden a number of years ago now. I recall looking at that first green -- which wasn't originally the first -- thinking: "My God... Why don't more people build greens like this these days!"
jeffmingay.com

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:32:06 AM »
Jeff,

The present 1st in its original form as the 200 yards 3rd would be one heckuva one-shotter.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Reef Wilson

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:46:30 AM »
These are fantastic holes. While there are some issues with this course as discussed in other threads, there are some fine holes and it's great to be reminded of them.

Playing the Eden was one of the great surprises of my trip and on a trip of pricey courses, at £35 it was a wonderful little surprise.

Those 2 par threes are both gems and to have them next to each other like that is very cool.

Phil McDade

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »
I really enjoyed the Eden when I played it back in '99; some of the best greens I encountered in Scotland.

See the dark gorse bush behind the flag on this photo? I flew my tee shot into it, stupidly took a look in there to try to find it, and got one of those thorns right through my golf shoe. Hurt like a sonofa.....

This is one great green. Paired up with a couple of locals, I watch as one of them hit his approach to the far left edge of this green, far side of the green. The pin was even farther left of what's shown here. He hit his putt way up to the back side of the green, on top of that ridge, and then we watched it roll another 25 feet or so straight into the cup. About a 50-foot putt with about 25 feet of break!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back