News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Mackenzie Renovation @ Hazelhead, Aberdeen Gets The OK
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »
Looks like the Donald will have some more competition for the high-end of the golf market in the Aberdeen area. The renovation/upgrade/redevelopment of the Mackenzie-designed Hazelhead golf course has been approved:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/996064

Peter Ferlicca

Re: Mackenzie Renovation @ Hazelhead, Aberdeen Gets The OK
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
My sister lives right next to this course in Mannofield and says it is just a delight to walk the course.  She doesn't play golf, but said she has walked it with a friend and thought it was gorgeous.  Aberdeen looks like they are trying to compete with St. Andrews.  With Royal Aberdeen, Murcar, Niggs Bay, Kings Links, Donalds Trumps New Course, and now they are completely restoring Hazelhead. 

Sean Walsh

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
One of the caddies at St Andrews was also in the early stages of a GCA career. I'm absolutely sure this was a course he was talking about doing some work for but the business side of things was waiting for permits etc. 

I forget the surname first name was Ken.  FBD did the Edinburgh Archy course with him (I think) so may be able to help me out.  Anyway hope he's still involved, nice guy.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:14:40 PM »
Sean,
Ken was a couple of years behind me at Edinburgh. Caddied at Kingsbarns together a season or two. Damn nice lad. I'd like to hear what he's up to these days. Hazlehead would have been a good intro, wouldn't it? Although Pitreavie didn't do me any favours!!! Still waiting to get paid from them... :(
The NE area is getting more and more interesting though. The OTHER Castle is looking quite cool. Worth the £90 SGU member fee probs... :o
Come on, though tell us your REAL news..... ;)
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
FBD,

Like you he was a big Mckenzie fan (not really that suprising I know).  I told him about this site not sure if he ever lurks.  Ken if you're out there contact Ran and get on board.

As for other news FBD is referring to my daughter Erin just over 2 weeks old  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back