News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

British Aerial 18
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »
One of the few.

David_Tepper

Re: British Aerial 18
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »
Mark -

I am having a hard time figuring out where the 1st tee/18th green & clubhouse are in the one. Is it in the lower right hand corner? If so, it looks perhaps like you drive off the 1st tee over the 18th fairway. Is that correct?

DT

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »
David, Greetings! You are quite right, 1st plays across 18th to get to its fairway. But it's very gentlemanly here. Mark.

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »
Looks like some tight OB,especially on the first for a hooker?

Richard Pennell

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:06:05 AM »
Looks like some tight OB,especially on the first for a hooker?

It does look tight, but if its a gentlemanly place, they might not expect to see many hookers.
"The rules committee of the Royal and Ancient are yesterday's men, Jeeves. They simply have to face up to the modern world" Bertie Wooster

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:45:15 AM »
Naughtie!

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
This isn't getting anywhere. It's Wirral Ladies, and it's well worth playing if you have spare time in the Liverpool/Hoylake area.

Richard Pennell

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
Thanks Mark. I seemed to have killed the thread.

The gentlemanly clue did have me looking for Sunningdale Ladies on Google Earth, but it looks very different. Keep them coming, though

Richard
"The rules committee of the Royal and Ancient are yesterday's men, Jeeves. They simply have to face up to the modern world" Bertie Wooster

James Boon

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 03:27:50 AM »
Thanks Mark. I seemed to have killed the thread.

The gentlemanly clue did have me looking for Sunningdale Ladies on Google Earth, but it looks very different. Keep them coming, though

Richard

Don't worry Richard, the "one of the few" clue had me looking all over the south east for old Second World War fighter airfields that have become courses. And in the Liphook thread, I think my "gone fishing" reference was a little too obscure!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back