News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Rio Secco
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »
It's on TV right now and it looks (again, just from TV) kind of plain. It looks flat and kind of like a standard big golf course. I was surprised.

Any comments? Is that impression accurate?

Matt_Ward

Re: Rio Secco
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »
Matt:

Rio Seco has a wonderful location -- provides stunning glimpses of the Las Vegas skyline and has faciltiies with all the bells and whistles including a stellar teaching area.

However ...

The course is a pro forma Rees Jones layout. Nothing really bad per se but I would not recommend it on a short list of fun and compelling architectural layouts.

Rio Seco, along with Cascata and even Shadow Creek -- are courses that would certainly be joined together because like Vegas, at least to its detractors, it's more about the surface than any serious depth.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »
I was very disappointed in Rio Secco.  As Matt W suggests, there is nothing dramatically  wrong with the course it just is not worth the time.   
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 09:55:55 AM »
Not only is it ho-hum, it was in relatively poor shape when I was there in late October

Matt_Ward

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
One other thing about Rio Seco is the hefty price tag to play there.

To the credit of the overall Vegas golf market there are other options -- some of them a bit further away from the immediate area but clearly a good bit more compelling from the architectural side of things.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back