News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Hunt

Ritz-Carlton Golf Club-Jupiter, FL
« on: February 27, 2003, 05:58:07 PM »
Anybody played this Nicklaus design?

Playing it next week, took the photo tour on their website:

www.ritzcarltonclub.com/en-us/rcc/jupiter/popup/frameset_golf_gallery.asp

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

dsilk

Re: Ritz-Carlton Golf Club-Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 06:57:17 PM »
played it last week- great track- many local pros like it more than the one across the street- (Bear Club) though no one will say it very loiudly.....
played from the tips about 74.2 145 7300 with all kinds of danger...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Jay Kirkpatrick

Re: Ritz-Carlton Golf Club-Jupiter, FL
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »
Just wanted to add a little to this discussion since I played here this past week.  I've played a bunch of Nicklaus courses over the years, but I found this one to be one of his very best. 

The course had a ton of strategic merit... especially the 4 semi-reachable par 5s.  The par 3s were tough but fair (including a replica of #17 at Sawgrass).  The par 4s were all unique and forced you to work the ball both ways for the best angle of attack.  I especially enjoyed the couple short ones that offered a variety of options.

The green surrounds were some of the more interesting yet fair modern greens I've had the pleasure of playing.  And, the conditioning of the course was top-notch... playing hard and fast but impeccably maintained.  To top it all off, the caddies and staff were over-the-top from a service standpoint (as you might expect from a Ritz property). 

If you have the opportunity to play this course, I highly recommend it.  You might even get lucky and see a shuttle launch take place  a ways away as we did... a very cool sight to behold

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back