News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pritchett

New Member Introduction
« on: November 08, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Pritchett and I have been an avid reader of GolfClubAtlas.com for a couple of years and would like to thank Ran for adding me to the Discussion Group.  This site has greatly enhanced my desire to seek out interesting golf courses to study as well as play.  My hope would be to contribute to the discourse in a positive manner. 

I was born and raised in Augusta, Georgia and still reside there, though I did live in Atlanta for a few years after college.  I grew up playing golf at Gordon Lakes Golf Course (RTJ) at Fort Gordon, GA and I am now a member of Augusta Country Club.  My handicap is currently 11.2. 

Now back to the UGA-Kentucky game.

Mark Pritchett

Phil_the_Author

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »
Mark,

Woof... Woof... Woof... and welcome aboard!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
Welcome......and go Cats.

Have you ever hopped the fence to play a few holes next door?

james soper

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »
welcome to dodge city. avoid discussions concerning c.b. macdonald's involvement with merion. no one has returned unscathed. go gators.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:26:09 PM by james soper »

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 05:16:58 PM »
Welcome Mark.
H.P.S.

Matt Varney

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:40:19 PM »
Mark,

Welcome to GCA and I look forward to you contributing to the many threads on the discussion forum.  I have read several articles about the renovation on Augusta CC and the pictures along with the new clubhouse look amazing.

I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and as a UT alum we are suffering one of the worst years in UT football history.  The GA / KY game was a close one but the Bulldogs pulled it out in the end.

Matt

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »
Mark

Welcome to golf’s equivalent of The Roman Coliseum, where we poor mortals battle against the cart riding, distance seeking techno wizards of the modern world.  :-X

Stand your ground, fight for the oppressed (me) and as the environment changes watch their game revert back to the true ways.

Let the initiation ceremony begin – come on Tom H, Kyle & Kalen, no welcome, sorry Mark it takes a while before they understand the message, not quite yet with the program, but ruffle their human rights and boys you might get a response in due course. >:(

Being serious, great bunch of guys, even the (I’m not allowed to say the word, it upsets Kyle, so I will spell it) A.M.E.R.I.C.A.N.S, but don’t let them know because they will think I’ve gone soft. ::)

Look forward to reading your posts.  8)   

Melvyn

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »
A.M.E.R.I.C.A.N.S.

Melvyn

Melvyn,

Come on. We carry our bag, shoot the J and body surf in clear blue water which you have never seen in your life. You must like something!

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 08:12:12 PM »
Mike

I love all the photos on here recently but can’t understand why the USA has elected as their new President our Lewis Hamilton the new GB F1 World Champion.

Never knew Lewis was in to baseball!  Just got to love you guys the way you keep copying us – just hope Lewis has time to run the world as well.

Melvyn

Joey Smith

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
Mark - Welcome,

Roll Tide!!!

Joey
I've only seen one that really stinks...but I seen a lot of really good ones...

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 08:38:52 PM »
Mark - great to have you here!  As long as you remember that Philly/NYC golf courses are the best in the world, you'll be very comfortable here :)

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Pritchett and I have been an avid reader of GolfClubAtlas.com for a couple of years and would like to thank Ran for adding me to the Discussion Group.  This site has greatly enhanced my desire to seek out interesting golf courses to study as well as play.  My hope would be to contribute to the discourse in a positive manner. 

I was born and raised in Augusta, Georgia and still reside there, though I did live in Atlanta for a few years after college.  I grew up playing golf at Gordon Lakes Golf Course (RTJ) at Fort Gordon, GA and I am now a member of Augusta Country Club.  My handicap is currently 11.2. 

Now back

to the UGA-Kentucky game.

Mark Pritchett

Mark,

Say hello to Gerry Mathias at your club and get plenty of strokes from him.

Bob

J_ Crisham

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »
Mark,
       Welcome to the site! Stay the hell out of the Merion debates and enjoy the Shivas's, Huckaby 's, etc.Most importantly play in some GCa events and you will meet some real quality people who share a common passion. Wish you well,   Jack

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »
Thanks Guys. 

Bob-I will say hello to Gerry, his locker is across from mine.  Super nice guy.

Matt-Don't worry Tennessee will be back soon!  Rarity Mountain looks awesome, hope to check it out sometime.

John-No fence hopping, but it is always fun to look at the course "across the creek" on the 9th hole. 

Matt Varney

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »
Mark,

Call me (865) 300-9660 or send me an e-mail and we can get together and play golf.  I will put your name on the list for a special invite course preview of Rarity Moutnain around May 2009.

Matt

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back