News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Allan Long

New Doak Course for CO GA Named
« on: May 23, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
Many of us in Colorado have been very excited since we found out that Tom Doak was chosen to redesign the former Mira Vista G. Cse., home to the state's golf associations. Today, the name of the new course to be open in the Spring of 2009 was unveiled -- CommonGround Golf Course. 
I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

mike_beene

Re: New Doak Course for CO GA Named
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
Sounds like a coffee bar.Probably cost extra to run the names together.Tom,does your contract not reserve veto power over the name?

Greg Chambers

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:53:42 PM »
Mira Vista was the first course I ever worked at.  It will be interesting to see the new use of the land.  I always enjoyed the property, certainly some nice views.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
The name is fine with me, and yes, they did ask my approval.  They wanted something that made it clear it was a community course -- plus it's jointly owned by the Colorado Golf Association and the Colo. Women's G.A.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »
In these days of the *Geographic Feature* *verb* or *Plant or animal name* *Geographic feature* name schemes, I find the name refreshing.

Hope to get there someday.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 05:46:23 PM »
There is a coffee shop here in Portland, OR called "Sound Grounds".....
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Brad Tufts

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 06:11:51 PM »
Sounds cool, egalitarian, and different.

Seeing as how I spend a week in Denver every year for biz. (and stay about 5 miles away), I'm sure I will get my fair share of rounds in at CommonGround!!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Mike Mosely

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »
can we get more info on this?

When will it open?

Tom, what are some of the design features?

Will it be a true muni?  Like Chambers Bay?

TX Golf

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 12:57:39 AM »

Greg Chambers

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
I talked to Tracy, the super, just the other day.  He said the grow-in is going great and they are on schedule for a June '09 opening.  I will be stopping in for a sneak peak my next trip down to Denver.  Can't wait.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back