News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Franklin

Sorry, but...
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »
JB Holmes is nearly an unwatchable golfer. If he pairs with Furyk, I may have to poke my eyes out. JB is THE slowest golfer on the planet. I am officially cheering for the Europeans. Thank God Sergio doesn't still have that waggle ritual.

End of rant...back to normal reading.
Mr Hurricane

Tom Huckaby

Re: Sorry, but...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »
C'mon Jim.  Sure Holmes is slow, but good lord he has nothing on Paddy.  This can't be enough to make a fine American like yourself move to the other side.  I shall consider this temporary insanity brought on by slow play.

TH

Jim Franklin

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
Huck -

It could be temporary insanity because I snuck home to watch some golf and I saw JB walk all of the way to the green from 110 yards to survey the green and I wanted to throw up. Paddy versus JB would be Chinese water torture. JB is just painful to watch. Like watching Furyk. Ugh.
Mr Hurricane

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »
Huck -

It could be temporary insanity because I snuck home to watch some golf and I saw JB walk all of the way to the green from 110 yards to survey the green and I wanted to throw up. Paddy versus JB would be Chinese water torture. JB is just painful to watch. Like watching Furyk. Ugh.

LOL!
OK, you are excused.
I don't think ANY of these players set good pace of play examples, though.

TH

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
At least JB hits the snot out of the ball. That's got to count for something. Watching Furyk is just brutal, the way he backs off repeatedly on every singly shot. What makes it worse is how the TV guys compliment him for being a "grinder" and and fawn over his "steely determination."

Jim Franklin

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
Huck -

LOL!
OK, you are excused.
I don't think ANY of these players set good pace of play examples, though.

TH

Truer words were never spoken.
Mr Hurricane

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »
If there were any justice in the world, Homes and Paddy would be the final singles match.

And whoever wins should start the celebration without them.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Mike Benham

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
Why do the Euros have stripes on the back of their shirts but not the front?
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Jim Franklin

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 04:28:59 PM »
Paddy versus JB would be Chinese water torture.

More Asian-hate.  Where's Kavanaugh?....maybe he's onto something... ;D

Too bad my bride is half Asian. I love Asians, no hate here my brother.
Mr Hurricane

Mark Pearce

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »
C'mon Jim.  Sure Holmes is slow, but good lord he has nothing on Paddy.  This can't be enough to make a fine American like yourself move to the other side.  I shall consider this temporary insanity brought on by slow play.

TH
You're joking, right?  Harrington is methodical to a fault but I've got time to brew a cup of tea during Holmes' "pre-shot routine".  I nearly slit my wrists watching his match against Woods in the WGC Matchplay he was so slow.  He needs banning, he's that bad for golf.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »
Mark:

I was joking for the most part, but I do also believe Paddy is painfully slow.  That being said, I haven't seen enough of good ole JB to know one way or the other - so mea culpa.  I just do know that Paddy is very very very slow.  If JB is indeed slower, then let's string him up.

;D

Dan Kelly

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »
Holmes: slow, and ... well, according to the Washington Times, a few weeks ago:

"... it's difficult to see Holmes' popularity in the Bluegrass State outweighing his lack thereof in the team room. If a random sampling of PGA players named the three least-liked guys on tour, Holmes might finish second to Rory Sabbatini. Why? Because the 26-year-old has no social skills. His boorish behavior and poor personal hygiene are running jokes on the PGA Tour. "

I'll never see one of his raised-arm fist pumps in quite the same way again.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
Jim, I heard that JB loves Laurel Valley. :)
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tim Leahy

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 05:39:01 PM »
somebody tell me why both teams are wearing white? I tried to watch at lunch on a tv without sound and couldn't tell who was who? Some blue caps, some white caps, whatever happend to team unity?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
Jim,
thanks for reminding me that I hate professional golfers. ;)

Reason #14: Due entirely to amateur emulation of their behaviours, they cause eternal pain to those of us trying to play a sunday fourball in less than four and one half hours.

cheers,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »

I hope its the top half.  My wife is half French half American Indian. 

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:28:45 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

I hope its the top half.  My wife is half French.

Nice edit on that last post John before everyone could see the "flat ass" comment.

Once again proving your the king of douche-bags.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

I hope its the top half.  My wife is half French.

Nice edit on that last post John before everyone could see the "flat ass" comment.

Once again proving your the king of douche-bags.

Not to make light of it, but I guess I will....

When Barney had his first version up, including the "flat ass" comment, I thought it was a clever tie in to the thread title, in a word association kind of way.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »
Kalen,

I think we can all agree that if you had to choose between halves when it comes to Asian women you would take the top half.  Sorry.  Now with my wife being half French there is no doubt that a guy would want the bottom half to be French.  We all grew up singing the little ditty...I once knew a girl from France...

note:  I have been called JB most of my life.  I wish JB Holmes would do the name prouder.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:40:05 PM by John Kavanaugh »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 06:41:23 PM »
Very nice Barney,

Looking on the bright side, you got this going for you...

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »
I have no problem with him deleting the flat ass part, but my Indirasian comment makes no sense without the part about his wife being half indian, half frog.

I can make a fool of myself just fine on my own. I don't need help from Barney's cyber-eraser.

The best part of the whole mix is that the Indian side claims the French side were actually Gypsies.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »
Kalen,

I think we can all agree that if you had to choose between halves when it comes to Asian women you would take the top half.  

Au contraire, Barney-san.

The bottom half of most of 'em is greatly preferable to the flattish top half.

Gotta love the GCA.com based stero-types...

http://actress-of-southindia.blogspot.com/2008/06/busty-beauty-vanitha-reddy-in-tight-top.html  (don't worry, its clean...)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
Kalen,

India may be an Asian continent but it is not an Asian race.

John Moore II

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »
You know, getting back to JB Holmes, it took him, Boo, Lee Westwood and the other guy over SIX HOURS TO PLAY 18 HOLES. I really can't understand how you can take that long. So let me get this right, Steve Stricker was put on the clock for his group playing slow? Well, how slow is slow if they were on the clock and Holmes' group was not? I mean, was Stricker's group taking 7 hours to play? Seriously, how pathetic is it that is takes a group 6 hours 15 minutes to play 18 holes? Purely terrible.

Bruce Leland

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
.... I saw JB walk all of the way to the green from 110 yards to survey the green and I wanted to throw up.
The problem is that this behavior filters down to other levels of golf.  I watched a girl in my daughter's group in our state high school tourney walk to the hole from 65 yards,  CHUNK IT less than 10 yards and walk it off again!  I KID YOU NOT!

I was beside myself.  I think she shot 84!
"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back