News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

A Quick Poll
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:15:02 AM »
What is the length your greens are cut to in both summer and winter?  Also, indicate if there is some reason the greens are cut higher than normal due to weak root structure etc.  I prefer the answer in metric, but Imperial units will do.  I think 4 mm equals 5/32 in and 5 mm equals 1/5 in. 

Ciao
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:29:17 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Donnie Beck

Re: A Quick Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 05:33:43 AM »
Sean,

There is a big difference between bench setting and actual height of cut depending on type of mower but to answer your question I cut at .110 with toro flex 21's and that gives me an actual height of cut of about .125 or 1/8 of an inch. At that height we will average around 10.5 on the stimpmeter. Salsco rollers will bring speeds up to about 11.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 06:42:39 AM »
Shortest we ever go is 3mm, but not for periods in excess of 10 days, normal Summer height would be 4mm. Winter height we go to 6mm but maybe we will even try 7mm. The fescue is nice n wirey and evident at that height.

The Players Club. South West England.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
RCD is 3mm-Summer 5mm-Winter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back