News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Boult

GCA Directory at delicious.com/golfclubatlas
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:09:36 PM »
MAKE SUGGESTIONS HERE FOR THREADS YOU'D LIKE ADDED TO OUR GROWING GCA DISCUSSION DIRECTORY:

>>> delicious.com/golfclubatlas

Instead of maintaining a directory of links here (where each post has a 20k character limit), I've setup an account at delicious.com, a social bookmarking site that allows bookmarks to be tagged and shared with others.  Feel free to take a look and make suggestions for categories and threads.

Please reply to this thread to help build a directory for the following topics:

>>> Golf Course Photo Tours - Reply with links to threads containing photos of individual courses. Include name of architect if known, and state or country located.

>>> Golf Course Recommendations - This directory just got started. Please provide links to these useful threads where members reply with recommended courses for those visiting a particular city, state, or country.

>>> Other Thread Directories - Reply with links to other link directories, such as the Aerial of the Day photo summary, etc.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:59:17 AM by Art Fuller »

Kalen Braley

Re: New GCA directory at delicious.com/golfclubatlas
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
Art,

This is good stuff and will be a good asset to the site.  Hopefully we can have this added as either a sticky thread or a new selection on the left hand side tool bar.

Ed Oden

Re: GCA Directory at delicious.com/golfclubatlas
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »
Art, thanks for all your work on this stuff.  It would be great if you/we could tag the threads by architect.

Ed

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
Ari,

I must admit that I'm rather disappointed to go to Delicious.com and all I find is golf course pictures!   :o ;D

John Moore II

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »
I know its been asked 500 times, but how do I go about posting pictures to the board?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:29:55 AM »
I know its been asked 500 times, but how do I go about posting pictures to the board?

JKM

Type in the following (img)http://www.whatever_the_link_is.jpg(/img)

To make it work replace ( with [ and ) with ]

Kalen

Richard Boult

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
I've added the Photo Tours for countries and states starting with A-G (more coming asap) and just began a directory for "Golf Course Recommendations".  You can help by replying with links to golf course recommendation threads for cities, states, and countries!

Richard Boult

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 01:01:11 AM »
All the links to our GCA "Photo Tours" have now been posted to our new GCA Directory at delicious.com. 

Please take a look and reply with comments and suggestions for new links and categories!

delicious.com/golfclubatlas

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 01:05:59 AM »
JK Moore,

If you need them posted to a server, let me know I can post them for you.

Rich
Last 7:
Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC South (OH), Fort Jackson Wildcat (SC), True Blue GC (SC), Pinewood CC (NC), Asheboro Muni (NC), Dye River Course (VA)

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 06:15:40 AM »
I still think its a dog gone shame that these photo tours aren't in the left column on the home page.  I think many guys would be encouraged to go back and properly edit the pieces if they were lefted and they would be easier to access.  Wake up Ran!

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Sean_A

« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:32:42 PM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Richard Boult

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:00:27 PM »
Thanks Sean, links added...

Richard Boult

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »
Added links to Heathland, Sand Hills, Bel-Air, Hyde Park....

It would be very appreciated if you reply to this thread to let me know when you post a new Photo Tour or Course Recommendation thread.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:50 AM »
Art,

Any luck with getting Ran to post something in the left hand column.  It would be very nice if it was permantely there because then the board would hopefully stop being deluged with threads on "Where should I play in <x> city", or "I'm going to Scotland, where should I play".  Most of this info is already out there and one just needs to be able to access it.

Kalen

Richard Boult

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »
Kalen, anytime I click on a member name to send a message, I get the following error:

"Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile. "

So, no, I haven't contacted Ran.

I am able to reply to message sent to me, but I am unable to "create" a message.

John Moore II

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
Kalen, anytime I click on a member name to send a message, I get the following error:

I am able to reply to message sent to me, but I am unable to "create" a message.

Art--near every members name you will see a little thing that looks like a scroll, kind of a rolled up piece of paper looking thing. Just click on that and you will be able to send a private message. Its right under the name of the poster.

On yours Art, it reads

Art Fuller
{Three stars}
# of posts
{online of offline}
{three symbols, the one to the far right of those three is the PM button, Ran's will look similar}
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:21:00 PM by J. Kenneth Moore »

Richard Boult

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »

Art--near every members name you will see a little thing that looks like a scroll, kind of a rolled up piece of paper looking thing. Just click on that and you will be able to send a private message. Its right under the name of the poster.

On yours Art, it reads

Art Fuller
{Three stars}
# of posts
{online of offline}
{three symbols, the one to the far right of those three is the PM button, Ran's will look similar}

Thanks Ken!!

John Moore II

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 01:09:24 AM »
Art--Tot Hill Farm full photo essay posted.

Richard Boult

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
Art--Tot Hill Farm full photo essay posted.

Thanks Ken... I'd already added Tot Hill Farm...

http://delicious.com/golfclubatlas/North%2BCarolina

Richard Boult

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
We're now close to 275 Photo Tours... I've been trying to add new threads as they appear, but have surely missed some.  If you've created one, please verify it's listed and let me know if I failed to add it. Thanks.

http://delicious.com/golfclubatlas

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
BUMP

For all those GCA.com newbies (like myself), I recently discovered this site with GCA.com bookmarks.  Great resource for photo tours / recommendations.

Interesting that photo tours continue to be added though it appears the guy that started the account is no longer a GCA.com member. 

Any know how we go about adding tours that were missed?

Enjoy.

Sean_A

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 03:45:38 AM »
Mark

If you want the info to store photo threads let me know.  I know I have missed some threads and haven't made much of an effort to look for old threads.  I haven't given the info out publicly because anybody could then add/delete (its the deleting aspect I worry most about in the case of petty fights etc) as they like, but it would be beneficial to have at least one more person helping to store threads.  In thruth, this collection of threads is perhaps GCA.com's greatest asset and Ran should really find a way to properly store a great number of the tours on his site.

Ciao

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »
MAKE SUGGESTIONS HERE FOR THREADS YOU'D LIKE ADDED TO OUR GROWING GCA DISCUSSION DIRECTORY:

>>> delicious.com/golfclubatlas

Instead of maintaining a directory of links here (where each post has a 20k character limit), I've setup an account at delicious.com, a social bookmarking site that allows bookmarks to be tagged and shared with others.  Feel free to take a look and make suggestions for categories and threads.

Please reply to this thread to help build a directory for the following topics:

>>> Golf Course Photo Tours - Reply with links to threads containing photos of individual courses. Include name of architect if known, and state or country located.

>>> Golf Course Recommendations - This directory just got started. Please provide links to these useful threads where members reply with recommended courses for those visiting a particular city, state, or country.

>>> Other Thread Directories - Reply with links to other link directories, such as the Aerial of the Day photo summary, etc.

Thanks!

Gents,

I am going to continue what Mr. Boult started and assist Mr. Arble in putting this together.  Looking for any of the above - photo tours, course recommendations, anything that you think should be bookmarked.

Please either reply to this thread or IM me with anything you want added.

Thanks.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
I agree with Sean.  These threads are some of the best things produced on this site. I look at them all the time. I also have a dozen courses I'd like to add if I take the time to do it.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Howard Riefs

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »
Bump for those who recently joined...
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back