News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jonathan Cummings

Re: Am I a wuss?
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
John:

if the players weren't smiling coming off the ninth green, I would force them to move up on the tees.

very few golf courses this quote wouldn't apply to....

JC

Wayne_Freedman

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:30:24 PM »
At 40 or any age, play appropriate tees for any course. Some back, some 2nd to back. It's not about being a wuss. It's about identifyig a realistic and appropriate challenge.

I'm 54, and base my decision on slope, course rating, and the length of the par-3's. 

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
this is a game, it should be fun.  unless you are trying to qualify for the U.S. Open then play whatever tees are fun for you.  some folks are masochist and play the back at bethpage and oakmont and some people are completely happy having fun a few up....live and let live...i say have fun.

JESII

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:58 PM »
yes...but only because you asked...

JSPayne

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
John:

Play from wherever you are going to have fun.  If you feel like going back one day, go back ... but don't do it often if you don't enjoy it.

If I ran a golf course, if the players weren't smiling coming off the ninth green, I would force them to move up on the tees.

Tom......what do you tell the people (can I be non PC and say ladies and seniors) who are playing the forward tees and still come in without a smile on their face?

As sad as it is, some people are happier saying they shot 100 at Torrey Pines-South because they played it from the tips (aka Tiger Tees) even if they played it earlier and shot 90 from the "regular" tees.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back