News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Edward Buchanan

Famous Drawings and Sketches
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
      Does anyone know of any way to obtain prints of the orginal drawings of some famous courses?  I have always wanted some drawings or sketches and have not had any luck finding them for sale.  Any options besides estate sales?  Perhaps I could recreate them if I knew of a good book or links to a high resolution photo.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kyle Henderson

Re: Famous Drawings and Sketches
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »
Ditto cours construction plans. Are any architects willing to print up an extra set for somebody to hand on their wall at a "modest" :-\ price
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:01:31 AM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »
I've had originals in my posession - each one has been donated back to the club or to the RCGA archives. I can't restore without these documents - if people keep them - then I can't do what I do.

If you purchase an original - I implore you to make a digital copy and share that with the USGA or RCGA - that is enough to make a difference to all of us.

Thanks,

Ian

Tony Petersen

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:49:24 AM »
Can you purchase digital copies of renderings from the USGA/RCGA/R & A? Or, is a visit required to handle the matter in person? Or, is it just not happening? ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

John Foley

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »
One of the versions of MacDonalds Scotland's gift had a fantastic rendering of NGLA by Edwin Raisz which folded out to about 2 ft. The most recent publicized version does not. It looks great framed. I would search ebay or other places for that.

You can get a copy of Mackenzie's map of St. Andrews from either the St. Andrews Trust web site or thru Auchterlonies.

Royal Dornoch has a pretty good routing map also on their web site.

The club histiory of Desert Forest - which you can procure from the club - has a great routing map done by our own Forrets Richardson.

You can get a copy of the Pinehurst map from one the golf collectibel store in the village.

You can always check eBay, but that gets expensive.

Integrity in the moment of choice

Clyde Johnston

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 07:13:43 PM »
The Tufts Archives in Pinehurst has alot of Donald Ross plans. You will have to pay for the copies and agree to not use them for any commerical purpose.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back