News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Gil Hanse article in GAP magazine
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »
Nice article on Gil - http://www.gapgolf.org/pdf/2008_magazine_may_june.pdf

Warning - this is a BIG file - 18Mb.  The article on Gil starts on page 16.

TEPaul

Re: Gil Hanse article in GAP magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »
Not a bad article at all but they probably should've asked me to write it because I would've seriously jazzed it up. ;) You know, at least something like how Gil named those three little mounds in the approach to Applebrook's 15th green after his three children.

It's good to see Gil featured in a magazine like his hometown's GAP magazine. He definitely deserves the recognition. He really is starting to get on a roll it seems.

Craig_Rokke

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Dan. A couple years ago Gil was involved with a project
that involved a piece of property with good  potential out in Nebraska.
Something tells me that may have hit a snag (???)

Brian Phillips

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:36:04 AM »
Not a bad article at all but they probably should've asked me to write it because I would've seriously jazzed it up. ;) You know, at least something like how Gil named those three little mounds in the approach to Applebrook's 15th green after his three children.

It's good to see Gil featured in a magazine like his hometown's GAP magazine. He definitely deserves the recognition. He really is starting to get on a roll it seems.
Tom,

You need to get your butt back to Scotland again to look at his work up in Inverness with Parsinen.  I have been hearing great things about it....

Good to see Gil getting some well deserved press.  Don't really know him at all, only met him once quickly at Sand Hills and once by email...
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:37:53 AM »
From what I hear, his work in Rochester has CCR now regarded as the #1 course in town over Oak Hill.  I've also heard fantastic things about his work on Ross' Monroe about 5 miles down the road.

And our place (FC) is finally playing the way Gil intended.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back