News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Joe Bausch

Re: Bubble, Bubble, Golf in Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »
That story is interesting, but the reader responses are even better!
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »
That story is interesting, but the reader responses are even better!

Yeah, you're right! 

Here's one I like.

I find it hard to feel sorry for a golf course that won't let me play during season, but literally begs for my money in the summer. It's been that way for years and years. But yeah, we take advantage of it, why not?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »
INteresting photo tour...

I always wondered how odd the seasonal aspects of Florida life would be... winter too crowded and too greedy for the $$$  Summer, too empty, too hot to fish, too hot to golf, and too cold at home...  ::) :D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

John_Conley

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
RJ, I've lived here for 15 years.  Yeah, one of the reasons I wanted to live in the Sun Belt was for better golf weather.  I was wrong for the reasons you cited and always say Florida is the most overrated golf state.  We have little daylight in the winter when course conditions are best.  Our best weather is from October 15-December 15, just after the return to Standard Time.  In the summer course conditions aren't great, we get rain nearly daily, and it is bloody hot.  It was so hot yesterday some people left the pool in our neighborhood to go indoors.  ???

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
This article is really misleading.

There are always summer memberships, usually unlimited play for around $950 to $1000.

I haven't heard this summer being different.                  
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Michael Powers

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »
It's not much of a news flash that public facilities will beg for players in the summer in florida.  It's been happening for a while now....like ever since there were golf courses in florida.
HP

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back