News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Name that hole X 3
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
Peter,

Sounds like you have found out its origins!!   ;)

With the way too many similarities to Whistling Straits, I think the pic on this website is pretty fishing looking.  Without further ado, here is the link for said course.  Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking, but I couldn't see anywhere that it attributes this hole as being WS #14, and not what was built in Turkey.

http://www.lykiagroup.com/LwGolf_en.html

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »
Kalen,
The picture below the very humorous hole descriptions looks like one at the Ocean Course at Kiawah. I think I climbed that ladder.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 11:28:25 PM »
Peter,

Was it just my reading skills being off or are they trying to pon off those holes as being what they have at thier new course?  If this is so, I feel like a Turkey because I wasn't trying to pull gags or anything with this thread.  Seems like a bit of false advertising to me...but what do I know?

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 11:46:21 PM »
Kalen,
Your reading skills are okay. And that bottom picture is #15 at Kiawah-Ocean, especially those grass covered islands and green undulations.

That website is tourist oriented and not a direct website of the club.
Different part of the world, different ethos. The chance that a golfer would
recognize poached pictures from 10,000 miles away is definitely higher than they anticipated.

Despite all that, the club must be overrun with golfers if they have to limit play by handicap restrictions. ;)
http://www.bilyanagolf.co.uk/?mid=11 shows a different picture, but the more I look at it they just seem to import any picture to dress up their site.
Caveat emptor.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:58:42 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 12:03:15 AM »
Kalen,
Your reading skills are okay. And that bottom picture is #15 at Kiawah-Ocean, especially those grass covered islands and green undulations.

That website is tourist oriented and not a direct website of the club.
Different part of the world, different ethos. The chance that a golfer would
recognize poached pictures from 10,000 miles away is definitely higher than they anticipated.

Despite all that, the club must be overrun with golfers if they have to limit play by handicap restrictions. ;)
http://www.bilyanagolf.co.uk/?mid=11 shows a different picture, but the more I look at it they just seem to import any picture to dress up their site.
Caveat emptor.

Interesting enough if you click on that pic that is shown for that course on that page, it opens up a new page which shows all those pics of WS and The Ocean course....sheez....it just don't stop does it.

Could a course here in the US get away with some straight out deception like this or would they get called to the carpet?  I guess if I had seen more pics of WS, I would have known better, but hell when I first saw that pic I guessed WS. But since it was supposed to be a different course, I thought gee this is a damn fine course they made in Turkey!!

Cory Brown

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
Jordan,

Are you from Victoria.  I have been wanting to take a trip up there to play golf for a while.  Is the first Bear Mountain course worth a visit?

Hey Pat,

I thought Newcastle at first too, but I don't think they have anything like that with the rocks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back