News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

goldj

Golf in Cabo
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »
A friend of mine is planning an upcoming trip to Cabo.

He asked me to suggest golf courses in Cabo.  I've never been there but, relying on a list that I found in Golf Digest, told him of the following:

1.  The Ocean Course at Cabo Del Solo
2.  El Dorado
3.  The Desert Course at Cabo Del Sol
4.  Querencia

I also mentioned the course at Palmilla which some people whom I  respect have said good things about.

Anyone have any thoughts about these courses and recommendations of others.

Thanks.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jimmy Muratt

Re: Golf in Cabo
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:19 PM »
The Ocean Course at Cabo del Sol is a must, it's an excellent golf course.  The recent housing build-up around some of the perimeter detracts a little but it's still a great course.  An excellent group of par 3's and some very interesting risk/reward holes.  Plus, some great fish tacos just after the turn....

Querencia is also a very good course if access is available.  They used to have allow play for guests at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, not sure if that's still the case.  It's one of my favorite Fazio courses.  Gil Hanse will be doing the second course at Querencia, that's the one that I really look forward to seeing in the future. 

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
Jimmy was that from the brochure or actual sighting lol
We have a contributor who knows those courses well. I played 1 and 3 last month and enjoyed both of them. See you soon.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 06:02:14 PM »
Jimmy was that from the brochure

Nah... the brochure would mention that the tacos are your choice of beef, shrimp or the more popular fish. ;)

No longer any access agreements in place for Querencia through any of the local hotels for what it is worth.

Hope to trudge around another new course site next week with Señor Coore... then again it is snake season...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back