News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

J_McKenzie

Kinderlou Forest Golf Club
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »
The Golf Channel is covering the Nationwide tour which is playing this week at Kinderlou Forest in Valdosta, Ga.  Although the coverage I saw yesterday was primarily limited to just a few holes on the back nine, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the golf course.  This was a fun project for Love Golf Design to do and the land and golf course are very different from what most people expect to find in south Georgia.  This course is open for public play, for now, and is a darn good value for what you have to pay.  Playing conditions are usually very good.

John 

Matt_Cohn

Re: Kinderlou Forest Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
It's 7800 yards!

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
I have played there three times, and absolutely love the place.  Wonderful golf course that would be getting a tremendous amount of attention if it were someplace other than Valdosta, GA.  (I like Valdosta as well, but it is WAY off the radar for most of the people of THIS site!)

It is a course that I think you could truly play daily and not get tired of.  Lots of cool stuff; biarritz green, a very slick routing around a quarry, a wonderful set of par 3's, and so on.  Get there if you can; you'll love the place.

Matt Cohn,
The last time I played there (early Nov.) I played 36 holes and on the final 9 figured I would at least try the 7800 yd. tees.  I lasted 3 holes back there; it was absolutely brutal, and I'm a 5 handicap with decent length off the tee.  There is now way to overstate how long a 7800 yd. golf course is for mere mortals.  Very revealing and humbling.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:02:47 PM by A.G._Crockett »
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
I love Kinderlou.  Wonderful thumbprint green and considerate staff.  The course plays short for its yardage and I believe gave up a 60 once in competition.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 04:03:48 PM »
I love Kinderlou.  Wonderful thumbprint green and considerate staff.  The course plays short for its yardage and I believe gave up a 60 once in competition.

John,
It is possible that when you played it, Kinderlou might have been baked out by the drought here.  It doesn't play shorter all the time, I promise you.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »
John McKenzie - I'm hoping to play Kinderlou Forest in October on my way down to World Woods for the Dixie Cup. Maybe I can get some of these knuckleheads to join me! It looks great!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back