News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave_Miller

Re: King's Putter VI 2008 Update
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »
WAY TO GO NORCAL STUDS!!!!

So now the Putter (or the symbolic essence of it anyway) is back in the rightful northerly part of our great state.  It's been far far too long.  I couldn't be prouder of our heroic team. 

Kalen, when you get a chance, either post here or send me all the results... these must be saved for posterity.

I am very very glad to hear a good time was had by all.  Again apologies I missed the weekend, but man Friday was a blast.

TH

ps - Pieracci over Wall straight up?  A 5 beats a 1?  Yowza....  ;D

The entire trip was just outstanding. Have never had a better time and with just a great group of guys.
Many thanks to Ed, Kyle, Kalen, and Tom for organizing just a great three days of golf.
And a very special thanks to Bob Huntley for arranging MPCC.
Hope to make it agaain next year.
Fairways and Greens
Dave

Dave_Miller

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »
Indeed, this was fun.  Great to meet everyone.

What a showing too from everyone from all over the world.  Awesome.

I was in Kyle's group too on Sunday and someone clearly misplaced the decimal in the handicap to Elvins.  The lad from down under's got some game!

After the Bayonet disaster, I was really worried for Sunday.  Fortunately, I somehow didn't emabarass myself.  David and I kept it interesting to split the point, but I'm pretty sure I caught David running low on the tank.

All this to say ... I'll be back if I can get some game of my own for next year.

BTW ... where are the pics?  Did we even do a group pic?

Cheers!

Patrick
You played great and I was lucky to get the half.  Keep at it.
Best
Dave

Kalen Braley

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »
As a teaser...

Emmy has sent me a plethora of pictures from Vivolos on Saturday night that I'll be posting tonight.  Needless to say, all the names will soon have faces to them...including the bad boys table.

And for the record, Jordan was looking very smart all weekend long....ahhhh to be young again!!   ;)  ;D

Mike Benham

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

...  Not sure many others on the trip could pull off the white belt ...

I throw myself into this category but not many of could see the white belt if we were wearing it !!!!
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tim Leahy

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »
I haven't seen any mention or pictures of Bayonet, what's the verdict on the new nine?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Emmy

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2008, 01:05:52 PM »
Kalen: You may need to edit the images a little bit. When it comes to my photography skills, I'm far from an Annie Leibovitz.

Reflecting back, I’m not sure a photo could adequately capture the spirit and camaraderie prevalent Sat. evening at the Chowder House. 
It was a five-star event.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
As a teaser...

Emmy has sent me a plethora of pictures from Vivolos on Saturday night that I'll be posting tonight.  Needless to say, all the names will soon have faces to them...including the bad boys table.

And for the record, Jordan was looking very smart all weekend long....ahhhh to be young again!!   ;)  ;D

Saturday evening was just an outstanding event and just a lot of fun.  Sorry I'm getting into this late.  The trip back yesterday was a real challenge due to delays in the East.  Was off the computer all day and got home around midnite.

One question I have is what did everyone think of Pajaro Valley?  Those greens were among the best I have ever played on. 

Kudos to Pete Galea for a job well done.

Oh Yes I almost forgot Kalen has a new nickname--- He is now the "Sandman" ;D ;)
Best
Dave
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:52:01 PM by Dave_Miller »

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »

Tim Bert,

Thanks for the pics of MPCC Dunes #14 at sunset. Very impressive.

Did you lay up?

I will get you an address and also will get my pics out soon.

Thanks again to everyone.

Bob Jenkins

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »
As John alluded to on the Pebble Beach thread, I went a bit overboard with the pictures.  I was able to refrain on the front nine at Pacific Grove out of respect for Shivas, but once his game went south on the back nine, I started snapping away.

Once I get things organized, I'll share some of my favorites.  For now, I wanted to start with one of the best I caught yesterday.

I call it "Mary Poppins Sighting at Pasa"

Dudes!  I was getting severely sunburned from a sun-less winter in the pasty-white midwest with no suncreen the first two days...so gimme a break!  :o

Hell...I've been made fun of enough at these events over the years...have at it guys!  :P
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2008, 01:45:31 PM »
As a teaser...

Saturday evening was just an outstanding event and just a lot of fun.  Sorry I'm getting into this late.  The trip back yesterday was a real challenge due to delays in the East.  Was off the computer all day and got home around midnite.

One question I have is what did everyone think of Pajaro Valley?  Those greens were among the best I have ever played on. 

Kudos to Pete Galea for ajob well done.

Oh Yes I almost forgot Kalen has a new nickname--- He is now the "Sandman" ;D ;)
Best
Dave

Dave,

Concur completely with Sat night dinner, it was a great spot with good food and even better conversation.....except for you of course!!   ;D  ;)

There is a thread going around on Pajaro and I've already made some comments there but the gist of em were outstanding greens with fast and firm conditions course-wide.  A fun morning of golf and glad we worked in Pajaro.

As for being the "sand-man" I can live with that...I've been called worse.  My debacle on 18 at Pasa was even more "impressive" than Friday, and its the most fun I've ever had in a bunker.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »

So he is just as boring in person as he is here!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Dave_Miller

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »

;D

Garland
Absolutely not boring at all.  Actually he created quite a bit of excitement not to mention the adventure of trying to tame the bunkers on the Monterey Peninsula ;) ;D
Best
Dave

Kalen Braley

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

;D

Ahhh Garland, always nice to say such things behind the safety of your computer and desk huh??   :P  ::)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

;D

Ahhh Garland, always nice to say such things behind the safety of your computer and desk huh??   :P  ::)

Don't worry, I say them in person, too. ;)

I see you didn't spoil the beauty of the Shore Course in your pictures with your golf cart parked in the picture frame. Seems my getting on your case has some good effect.  ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Stan Dodd

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
Tim,
I think the silence on Bayonet speaks volumes.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »
Tim,

Stan:
Did not play there this trip but some of the guys who did were less than complimentary.
Great to see you.
Best
Dave

Stan Dodd

« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »
Dave,
It was great to meet you as well as the rest of the guys.  I am amazed at what a great group of strangers this web site brings together.  All really good people and fun to golf with.
I also played Bayonet and my positive  comments are the guys in the shop were nice and the guys in the shop were nice.
I really liked the Old Bayo, it was usually well kept and a hard test.
I thought the new Bayo had many contrived slopes in the greens.  the fairway bunkering was over the top when combined with the already narrow corridors.  The long grass areas in front of the tees  are unneeded.  For example on #9 (472 uphill)  I hit a poor, ok bad tee shot about 125 yards pull.  It is not penalty enough to have 370 yards to go but I lost  my ball as well.  I know hit a better shot but..

Tim Bert

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »

Tim Bert,

Thanks for the pics of MPCC Dunes #14 at sunset. Very impressive.

Did you lay up?

Nice one.  I didn't feel it was appropriate to jump the fence and tee one up, so you'll never know.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
Many thanks to Ed, Tom, Stan, Bob, Emmy and Kalen for making KP VI one of the best yet. The venues all proved worthy of architectural discussion, for good or bad. I was impressed with the attendance on Fri. with 2/3 of the revellers not playing Old Del Monte that day. The choice of Vivolos was inspired. It was wonderful, as always, to meet more of our fraternity; not a bad egg in the bunch. I'll reserve comments on Bayonet until the inevitable thread appears.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Mike Benham

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »
Tim,

I think that Blackhorse will be the winner in all of this, a much more enjoyable course.  The bunkering looked interesting and since I don't remember the old version as well as I did the old Bayonet, it has a clean slate.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mark Arata

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
Gee, go out to NoCal and play golf at great courses in what looks like perfect weather or stay in New Orleans and practically drown working Jazzfest..........

Bitter? No I'm not bitter, what makes you think I am bitter?

Man I am hating me some me right about now..........

New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

ed_getka

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »
Gee, go out to NoCal and play golf at great courses in what looks like perfect weather or stay in New Orleans and practically drown working Jazzfest..........

Bitter? No I'm not bitter, what makes you think I am bitter?

Man I am hating me some me right about now..........

And well you should for missing out on a great event. ;) Sorry you couldn't make it buddy, we need to tee it up somewhere together this year.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2008, 07:53:12 PM »
Here's a cool little story, which I'm assuming came from the pictures posted on this thread.

Our High School's home course, a little 9-holer called Ballinger, reopened a few years ago after being shut down for a couple years.  Upon reopening, a small mens club was formed.  I know most of the little Men's Club, s I play the course a few times on a weekly basis.  Today, one of the Men's Club members came up to me, asking "are you Jordan Wall."  I said "yes", and then he asked "do you belong to golfclubatlas.com?"  "Sure do", I said.  He shook my hand, said, "I'm glad to know you".  He then walked to the green and finished putting, and continued his round.  But that was pretty cool.

I feel very priveleged to be part of such a great group.  Meeting everyone was even more fantastic then simply being mutual internet friends.  Every single person whom I met was wonderful.  Thanks to Ed, Bob J., John M., Emmy, Bob H., and Ran for this site and such a great, great event.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
Kalen,

Great photographs. How on earth do you keep the holes and descriptions so well? I didn't see you making notes.

Bob

Kalen Braley

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Kalen,

Great photographs. How on earth do you keep the holes and descriptions so well? I didn't see you making notes.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

When playing a course like the Shore its never tough to soak it all in and take good mental notes.  And if I ever forget I can always just consult Google and the aerial views.   ;D  ;)

Kalen

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back