News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

O.T. Golf has some of the nicest folks!
« on: March 29, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
This is my first OT topic so please indulge me.  I have been in SC this past week at Musgrove Mill.  Being a "carpet bagger," I joined down here with some fear and trembling.  I played six days and not once did I have to play alone.  I have met guys here over the years, but even on days when I didn't know anyone (we only get three or four foursomes a day) I always got a game.

Over the years I have met some of the grandest people through golf.  It is a fraternity of folks with whom I am proud to associate: present company included.  Do we really appreciate how luck we are?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill_McBride

Re: O.T. Golf has some of the nicest folks!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »
I know how lucky I've been.  I got involved with GolfClubAtlas in 2001 and since then have met and played with a large number of really nice people who feel pretty much the same way I do about golf and golf courses.  Not saying the guys at my clubs in Pensacola and Portland aren't good guys too, but there is an added dimension about GCAers.  I've played with people from all over the world and never met anyone that I didn't enjoy playing with.

As my skills decline as I get a little older, this has really kept my interest in golf at a high level.  Otherwise I'd be working too hard.  ;D

Thanks, Ran!

John Mayhugh

Re: O.T. Golf has some of the nicest folks!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »
This isn't too far off topic as far as I'm concerned.  I've also met a lot of great people through golf.  However, nothing compares to my GCA experience.  Those of us who love golf architecture also generally have a deep appreciation of what makes the game so special.  So when you play with someone from GCA, you've got enough in common that you are practically friends from the start.  Discovering the GCA site is probably the best thing that's happened to me in my years of playing golf.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back