News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

It seems as less new is coming out of the ground and the topics seem to be a little more dorky....I think since membership decreased in some of the ODG societies the ODG's are pissed off and not having as many seances etc....and the topics are just repeats with different titles....we have 1500 guys talking about buying new equipment and using blades....and a variety of topics that rednecks can not discuss or comprehend....
I mean Tom Paul is up to almost 30,000 post and when his new book "sheep I have met while walking Scottish courses" hits the market it should go over 40,000.
As this post indicates....there ain't nothing left to talk about on here....
Of course I could always mention how William Flynn had the worst detailed plans for his time and Wayne might respond with a few thousand words.....
Oh well..... :)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Kyle Harris

Re: Has the GCA Dork meter jumped lately or is it just me.....
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »
A physicist, chemist and philosopher are walking through Scotland. They pass a black sheep and the physicist excitedly proclaims, "All Scottish sheep are black!"

The chemist shakes his head and says, "No, THIS Scottish sheep is black...!"

The philosopher glares at both and proclaims with certainty, "This Scottish sheep is black.... on one side!"

Mike_Young

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
Well, my theory just held up.....  Kyle I knew you would answer first.....also I need to get your Dork Belt form the Dixie cup to you...send me your address again.....
THE METER JUMPED ;D ;D ;D

Brad Klein

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
Mike,

as usual, it's just you.

Mike_Young

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »
Brad,
I know......

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »
Can't say they will be new under the sun -- Easter weekend, let's go OT (Old Testament) and celebrate Ecclesiastes! -- but lemme try a couple of topics you can sink your teeth into...

TEPaul

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »
Mike:

I think you're being particularly callous this morning. Scottish sheep have feelings too, you know? Actually they probably have quite a lot of interesting things to say to dorks if they simply take the time to listen!

I'll give you an analogy or example of the type of thing I mean about hanging out and mixing it up with animals. One time back around the early 1970s I was down at the famous horse farm in Kentucky, Claiborne Farm, with Clay Hancock and into the evening we decided to experiment with some of Lyons Brown's bourbon varieties.

After a while we were getting pretty looped and Clay noticed that her dog which was some kind of variety of pug or bulldog (I think his name was "Miserable") was looking at us like he was hurt we weren't including him. So, Clay put about half a bottle of bourbon in his water bowl and he lapped it all up with alacrity.

After a while Clay noticed he was sort of weaving and wobbling and she told him he wasn't any different than us and he was somewhere between "knee-walking" and "butt-hole" drunk. I don't recall that Miserable actually carried on a conversation with us but the looks on his face as he eyed us pretty much said it all.

You've got to have these kinds of sessions with the animals sometimes because they really do have feeling too and they want to be included.

Allan Long

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »
Mike,

Everyone here knows the popularity of the "Doak Scale". This may be the perfect opportunity for you to comprise the "Dork Scale". ;D

I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

J Sadowsky

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 10:54:12 AM »
A physicist, chemist and philosopher are walking through Scotland. They pass a black sheep and the physicist excitedly proclaims, "All Scottish sheep are black!"

The philosopher glares at both and proclaims with certainty, "This Scottish sheep is black.... on one side!"

But do Giraffes in Scotland have tails? :)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

This question can't be answered because we don't know if the sheep was African or European...

J. David Hart

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »
Well,.... I admit I joined in to further my architectural studies, but have found this _______ quite strange. 77.6% of America thinks we're nuts anyway. I just don't want to give them more ammo.
How many golf courses in the grand US "slope rate" over 140-145 ish?
How many private golf retreats, and I do mean private, cater to golfers that can play as well as tour players, scratch players? I mean players that actually can and do keep their heads out of that dark place. Why , after 400 years are we still so obsessed with sandtraps? Can we truly be innovative in golf architecture and sway alittle? Why have we not intsigated "golf police", to correct some of the misconteptions that go on with the weekend warriors? I've heard that in Japan one must have a liscense to play golf, may not be a bad idea here!!?? How does this "spell check" work??  

Kyle Harris

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »

This question can't be answered because we don't know if the sheep was African or European...

Sure it can. African Sheeps are non-migratory.

Peter Wagner

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »

Is the sheep laden or unladen?

(dork meter just jumped again!)

TEPaul

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
Peter Wagner:

Look at this---you've been on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com for what, two days? And now you're spending your precious weekends hanging out with a bunch of "SUPER DORKS".

How do you like it so far?  ;)

And do you know what Mike Young is doing right now? He's down at MAMA KETTLE's breakfast hut eatin' grits and laughing his butt off.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:56:36 PM by TEPaul »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
I heard he is out in his bunny suit hiding easter eggs all round Long Shadow.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Peter Wagner

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
Peter Wagner:

Look at this---you've been on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com for what, two days? And now you're spending your precious weekends hanging out with a bunch of "SUPER DORKS".

How do you like it so far?  ;)

And do you know what Mike Young is doing right now? He's down at MAMA KETTLE's breakfast hut eatin' grits and laughing his butt off.

Hi TE,

I'm at the office getting a few things for a trip to La Quinta today.  Gonna play the Quarry (love that place) and Toscana for the next few days.  Jeez, I'm looking forward to the break!

Love CGA!  Very useful info on this site.  Much of it over my head but much of it truly beneficial!  Happy to be here but I guess I should tone down my geekness!

Best,
Peter

TEPaul

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 02:06:15 PM »
RJ:

I'm told that Peter Wagner is the type of guy who puts his cards on the table and doesn't screw around. Tomorrow he will be out in his bunny suit on the fastest Harley made. His intention is to see if he can outrun the Hell's Angels when they see him riding a Harley in a bright pink bunny suit. He realizes full-well that he either outruns them or he dies. This is the kind of man who puts his cards on the table and doesn't screw around!

Andrew Balakshin

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
OK, fine. We'll get YOU to design the course instead.

paul cowley

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »
.....i can't seem to remember how to operate my universal remote anymore.

maybe someone here could help me with it....once i find it....not sure where i left it...... ???  
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

RJ_Daley

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »
Tom, I was referring to Mike Young probably out at Long Shadow in a bunny suit.  That we can imagine.  But, I can't quite get my mind around Mr. Wagner riding his chopper in a bunny suit.  At least not without earning his bunny suit rockers and wings... I can't quite make the graphis rock for a MC jacket logo...

Sherwood Country Club

1000 Oaks CA
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jim Thompson

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
I heard he is out in his bunny suit hiding easter eggs all round Long Shadow.

You had to know this was coming.

Now if I could only get a white belt on the bunny....

Happy Easter!

JT
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:42:00 PM by Jim Thompson »
Jim Thompson

Andrew Balakshin

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
.....i can't seem to remember how to operate my universal remote anymore.

maybe someone here could help me with it....once i find it....not sure where i left it...... ???  

Hey! No thread-jacking.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.....

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

TEPaul

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »
Jim Thompson:

Very cool Mike Young Pink Bunny. I think it should be either the logo for Long Shadow or Mike Young's business logo. Can you make me up about a hundred business cards for Mike Young with that on them? I'd like to pass them out in Philadelphia to see if I can drum up some local business for MikeY.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 02:42:41 PM »
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.....

Joe, I'll bet "Police Squad's" Inspector Frank Dreben is a member at Sherwood and Mr. Wagner plays golf with him.  Although I think I have my movies mixed up and that line is by Lloyd Bridges from "Airplane"  ::)

Jimbo, you just might be a redneck dork if you can do easter bunny graphics like that!  ::) ;D ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back