News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Shefchik

Torrey Pines vs. Riviera: From Tiger's perspective
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:14:45 PM »
I just heard Nick Faldo asked why Tiger plays so well at Torrey Pines and so indifferently at Riviera. I don't think Nick came up with a coherent answer; is it something about the architecture -- and if so, does that say something about where architecture should be going?
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Norbert P

Re:Torrey Pines vs. Riviera: From Tiger's perspective
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »
Tiger has stated before that he likes things well presented to the golfer at address. He likes to see where he has to go.  

I don't think it says anything about where golf arc should be going - he's one golfer - with gifts that stretch beyond most mortals' dreams. Why should the rest conform?

Torrey Pines  is not an interesting place as golf architecture, except, sadly, in a mediocre way.

( IMHO )
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Jim Nugent

Re:Torrey Pines vs. Riviera: From Tiger's perspective
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 02:24:59 AM »
Slag, yet he demolishes TOC, and loves it too.  

Rich -- Tiger hasn't done as well at Riviera, because he's putted poorly there.  Saw an article on PGATour.com about that a year or so ago.  If you're interested, I can probably dig it up.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back